Deluxe Strat vs. Classic Vibe '60s

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by buck49, Aug 7, 2011.

1. buck49

buck49 Squier Talker

I have an Affinity strat & want to get either a Deluxe or a Classic Vibe '60s. I need some input as to which pups( duncan designed sc101 on Deluxe or Custom strat AINiCo V on Classic Vibe would have the best quality Stat sound for Classic/ Tx. type blues. Also the body might be an issue. Alder seems to be a better choice than Basswood. Any opinions?

"I'm bad news just like you" J.W.

2. tjnugent

tjnugent Squier-holic

The pickups on the CV 60's are much better than the Deluxe pickups. Everything about the Classic Vibe series is better. There is nearly a $100 difference in guitars and the CV line came out to be exceptional guitars. Just me saying.. I am sure there is someone here to take the counter point.

TJ

3. fenderfreak

fenderfreak Squier-holic

Pickups on the CV are a bit more suited to what you want. But the Deluxe has 22 frets, and a 2 point trem with the 70's headstock and logo, and you can get a maple fret board, unlike the CV60. Both have stuff to love about them though!

4. woolbrig

woolbrig Squier-holic

I have a Deluxe and love it. I would suggest playing both if you can and see which one you like best.

5. psychodad

psychodad Squier Talker

Deluxe also has a faster satin finish neck, if that matters (I have a deluxe and it's a great guitar).

6. stratphobic

stratphobic Squier-holic

the deluxe is a modern strat and the classic vibe will give you more of a classic sound

7. bulletbucker

bulletbucker Squier Talker

Actually, the Deluxe Hot Rails has a large headstock, but the 'regular' Deluxe with the SC101 pups has a small headstock, like the CV. I have one and it's one of my favorites. It's definitely more of a modern sounding Strat than the CV, but highly adjustable. The maple satin neck is great. The Pearl White, IMHO, is extremely good-looking, but FYI, the Daphne Blue is a bit more like a Surf Green in person, same thing as a lot of guys have found with most of the Bullets.

8. psychodad

psychodad Squier Talker

I second that ;)