Dear Ford Motor Co., WTF?! Sincerely, Us

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Davis Sharp, Nov 19, 2019.

1. BuddyLee

BuddyLee Squier-Meister

Aug 30, 2019
    Liberty SC
    They depreciate quickly here. You can knock about $8k-$10k off the price once they are about 3 years old. And still have low miles and a decent interest rate. The system makes it pretty easy to own a newer car here.

dbrian66 likes this.
  2. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    its the perfect compliment vehicle to one of these ...

[​IMG]

3. Shaytan

Shaytan Squier-Nut

Apr 10, 2018
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Wouldn't that mean those are the "rentals retiring stock that y'all can do everything but crash them"? At least around here that's pretty much the case when it comes to used cars in the 5-year-old range, either that or post-warranty faulty models...

dbrian66 likes this.
  4. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Padre Island
    But 0 to 60 in under 4 seconds!

Check out these grannies.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    dbrian66 likes this.
  5. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Most like Mustabewiggin :rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O

Afrika61 and dbrian66 like this.
  6. wickedtools

wickedtools Squier-holic

May 16, 2010
    west texas
    Yea name it something else WTF.

dbrian66 likes this.
  7. JoeInMichigan

JoeInMichigan Squier-Meister

Jun 10, 2018
    Michigan
    I've seen a few of those in the black and white camouflage wrap around Dearborn testing,they weren't badged of course. They are silent and super quick (torque)off the line,all modern electrics are though these days,Rumor out of the glass house for last 3 years was an electric mustang but never thought it'd be a suv platform. Guess the new modular assembly plants fomoco is implementing has a lot to do with the move,they plan on being able to make any vehicle at any plant eventually (not F series). I don't know why they named it mustang.

Loin Lover and dbrian66 like this.
  8. corn

corn Squier-holic

Feb 27, 2013
    San Diego
    Yup! WTF is a perfect question,,, I think I’ll go to IKEA now and buy a matching coffee maker

Afrika61 and dbrian66 like this.
  9. BuddyLee

BuddyLee Squier-Meister

Aug 30, 2019
    Liberty SC
    Not really. Some people change cars like socks. I bought my 2012 Z in 2015 with 12k miles on it. Previous owner was a 50+ year old lady. A super cool old lady too because she owned a Z in 6 speed manual. :p

The best time to buy a car is when it is 2 or 3 years old, with low mileage. She paid $40k, I paid $28k.

10. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    I have enjoyed reading the various opinions on this. I did not keep score but I believe the "this isn't a Mustang" is the clear winner.

As a very amateur sociologist and very experienced people watcher/listener so much of opinions are based on perspectives. I agree, a 4 door Mustang=barf. Yet I remember the outrage during the performance dead mid to late '70s when the Mustang II was produced. How about a Chevy Super Sport...4 door? It sold like tasty hotcakes in the '90s.

I enjoyed the perspective of a young European, Shaytan. He looks at it totally different than an old American (me). He noted the muscle cars and era never was a big thing across the pond. Very interesting, especially with a movie I believe about Carroll Shelby is at the theaters.

11. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
  12. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    Around here, your typical new Mustang driver is an elderly male trying to recapture some virility. Since that customer base is rapidly dwindling, I guess Henry thought it was time to renew the Mustang client target.

13. BluesForDan

BluesForDan Squier-Meister

i dunno, I'm a muscle car fan, born in the late '50s. I've lived through more oil price shocks than I care to think about. Would I love something with a 426 Hemi or a 429 Cobra Jet engine or a 427 porcupine head? Sure. Would I want to have to feed that pig? Not so much anymore. I'm ready for electric and if this vehicle can help a venerable American auto company regain status, I'm for it. I think a new generation of drivers will take to this especially if it can be reliable, an absolute key quality for me.

I drive an SUV now, to me, this E Mach looks perfectly fine. Give me an all wheel drive version and easy to recharge capability, and I'd jump on this in a heartbeat if I had the means to buy it. Screw the oil companies

duggerh and -r3- like this.
  14. MinorKey

MinorKey Squier-Nut

Jun 14, 2012
    Darlington UK
  15. Best1989

Best1989 Squier-Nut

Apr 25, 2019
    Arequipa
    I never thought I would see the Mustang turned into an SUV. I'm not opposed to the change, but I would need to see one live.

16. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    When I was a kid the Viet Nam and Cold War was raging and the Jetsons were in the future. The future has been here for a while. Heck, even I (we) have a Rooba!

duggerh likes this.
  17. BluesForDan

BluesForDan Squier-Meister

Is your roomba's name Rosie? :D

18. archetype

archetype Squier-Nut

Oct 24, 2017
    Williamsville, NY USA
    This is the Ford Mustang GT-200, right? The engine and exhaust sound like crud until you tweak them with the Fender Tone app.

Afrika61 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice