Danelectro Stock 59

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by lespaul1968, Dec 6, 2019.

1. lespaul1968

lespaul1968 Squier-holic

Jan 26, 2019
    Indiana
    Friend of mine brought his new stock 59 by the house tonight. It blew me away. For the money they cost new that is one fine instrument. Not ready to buy one yet. But if I came across a good deal it would be hard to turn down

Luvs2yoko, Rat cam 68 and mb doug like this.
  2. SoundDesign

SoundDesign Squier-holic

They are definitely "my type". Not actively seeking one but it would fit into the fold nicely.

mb doug and lespaul1968 like this.
  3. duceditor

duceditor Squier-Axpert

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    I grabbed one when they were first "reissued" back in the late `90s. I was from the start impressed with it. Indeed far more so than I was with the originals. (Better neck and action.)

Now about twenty years later it is still a nice guitar.

Mine has suffered from the typical curving of the bridge, but frankly that has not affected it playability or tone (I have the replacement part, ordered years ago when I first noticed it occurring, but have not yet seen the need to install it.)

The side-binding tape on mine, however, is also following the standard pattern and has shrunk way from the body deep in the curves.

Dano 1.jpg

-don

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice