CV50s strat White Blonde

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by Enjoicube, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Enjoicube

Enjoicube Squier Talker

Aug 5, 2010
    United States
    Hi everyone, been a long time since I've posted here but I figured I'd show y'all a few pics of my new CV50s Strat in white blonde which I got directly from Fender. As opposed to the ones being shown on Sweetwater, mine is crafted in Indonesia, so this may be a preview for anyone else considering a new CV

I'll keep this brief. In my opinion

Pros: Very nice construction and attention to detail (e.g. the neck pocket on this strat is very tight, no gap between the pocket and the neck), sounds great acoustically, neck and fretwork is very good.

Cons: Bridge and saddles look very cheap and are uncomfortable (going to replace them, so not a big deal), not a huge fan of the pickups so far (of course the only point of reference I have is my Highway 1 strat), and had tuning issues out of the box.

Now for pics IMG_1334.jpg IMG_1335.jpg IMG_1336.jpg IMG_1338.jpg IMG_1339.jpg

2. Jim Belaye

Jim Belaye Squier-holic

Jul 25, 2015
    Montréal, Canada
    Very nice Strat, congrats! From the pictures on Fender site, it looked more White than the pics you posted.
    I think all the new CV are made in Indonesia now. Anyway, your Strat is beautiful, enjoy your new baby.

3. JoeInMichigan

JoeInMichigan Squier-Meister

Jun 10, 2018
    Michigan
  4. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Stunning ! ! A Hearty Congrats !

side note - my india VM had a lesser bridge than my SE's ? junk !

SquierTap and mb doug like this.
  5. waynes world

waynes world Squier-Nut

Jan 27, 2019
    Saskatoon
    Looks like a sweetheart!

6. Chimey

Chimey Squier Talker

May 5, 2015
    USA
    Can you say what you don't like about the pickups and how they sound? Too bright, thin, etc? And, what pickups are in the Highway 1 to compare? Thanks!

7. Matt Shevell

Matt Shevell Squier-Nut

Feb 5, 2018
    New York
    Congrats, it’s beautiful.

Give her a new set of strings and I’m pretty sure the tuning issue will resolve

I’d say give yourself some time to get used to the pickups, you may grow to like them in a few weeks.

8. bigtuna

bigtuna Squier-holic

Nov 1, 2015
    s.w.mo.
    Beautiful guitar!! I just ordered the cousin to this looks like this
    Classic vibe tele. 2013-09-12 16.31.55.jpg

9. Mervynskidmore

Mervynskidmore Squier Talker

Oct 6, 2018
    Ireland
    I felt the same about my new CV 60s. Like mine, your pickups look really high out of the box. I lowered mine and the sound is much nicer in my opinion.

10. mbroadus

mbroadus Squier-Meister

Dec 31, 2012
    jax
    Really good looking, that neck looks awesome. I'm sure once you get it dialed in it will be just fine.

mb doug and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  11. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    The pickups in my CV 70s Strat were really too high as well, and after I lowered them I like them even more than the universally loved and praised Tonerider sourced ones in my Chinese CV 60s Strat.

mb doug and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  12. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    HNGD - she's beautiful!!

Love the figuring on that neck :)

13. Enjoicube

Enjoicube Squier Talker

Aug 5, 2010
    United States
    I'd say they're a bit too thin for my liking maybe? They definitely came wayyyyyy too high, and i'm still playing around with them, so we'll see. The highway one has the pickguard & pickups from a classic 70s strat for comparison.

mb doug, Kenneth Mountain and Chimey like this.
  14. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-Nut

Feb 14, 2019
  15. SpeedKing

SpeedKing Squier-holic

Apr 9, 2015
    UK
    That's certainly a lovely looking strat.

If you're gonna change the bridge may I suggest the Fender MIM standard strat unit from a few years ago when they were still 6 point ..... in gold though.

That way you're just (at some later date perhaps) a set of gold tuners, neck plate and jack from a rather fantastic 'Mary Kay' tribute.

Only other thing to say is it's disappointing to hear the trem is low quality ... certainly sets the new CV quality level closer to the old VMs as I've never heard of any Chinese CV owners suffering bridge issues like the VM owners did. Not entirely unexpected with the new price point I guess and only a $25 fix so still much less than the old CV price point.

16. KSTU

KSTU Squier Talker

Nov 12, 2019
    Massachusetts
    That's such a beauty regardless. I got my eyes on that and the black one.

17. rjhalsey

rjhalsey Squier Talker

Dec 28, 2009
    Ohio
    What species of wood are they using on these new Classic Vibe Strats? I have the older Mary Kaye model with the gold hardware and love it!

18. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    The CV 50s Strats and Teles are pine, the 60s ones are nato, and the 70s Strats are poplar, as are the Jags, Jazzmasters, and Mustangs.
    The 60s Tele Tinline is nato, and the 70s one is maple.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  19. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    HNGD !

MIM bridge assembly makes a great replacement ;)

20. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    Whew.. that’s sweet looking.

I personally prefer block saddles. More thread engagement for the screws and they can lean on each other. Even resting the hand on them feels comfortable. With the right height screws, the set screws can be below the surface of the blocks. No exposed ends.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice