CV 70s Strat

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by Lonn, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Made tentative deal to trade my Tradition for this month old CV Strat. Indiana went into "stay at home" mode at midnight last night so not exactly sure when we can meet up for the swap.

CV1.jpg CV2.jpg CV3.jpg CV4.jpg

2. mofojar

mofojar Squier-holic

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    Yeah that's the new CV I'm most interested in possibly picking up for myself, they look great. Good luck with your pickup!

3. That isn't old, its' a recent CV 70's … at least the logo appears to be the new one with the different "q" . Cheers, Barrie.

4. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Right, I said it's a month old. :cool: Love the Tradition but after playing my Strat last night I realized how flat the radius is. I prefer a more round radius.

5. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Just picked it up, this things is brand new. I'm considering stealing the neck for my partscaster in my avatar and selling the American Deluxe neck that's on it as well as the loaded body from this one. If this is pau ferro it's pretty dark.

1AgGGKl.jpg 5Fs7PkZ.jpg GeLunWL.jpg ilLk3P7.jpg LeXITe5.jpg

6. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    It also came with this nifty heavy duty Fender gig bag.

9BEE84F2-74D9-4072-BB64-8644FD0AE2E2.jpeg

7. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    That should be an IL fretboard.

8. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Whatever it is I'm liking it.

9. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    North Pole
    The fretboard is Indian Laurel, only MIM switched to Pau Ferro after stopping with rosewood @Lonn

Nice guitar! i'd keep that stock for sure!!

10. What is the body wood used on these. Looks gorgeous.;)
    Cheers, Barrie.

Ricky3Fingerd and mb doug like this.
  11. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    North Pole
    That's poplar

12. mofojar

mofojar Squier-holic

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    Looking pretty great!

Ricky3Fingerd and mb doug like this.
  13. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I have the same guitar in black, and I like it almost as much as my Am Pro and Am Performer Strats, and I liked it more than my Player Strat, and so I sold the Player. IMO, the pickups are a real improvement over the already great Tonerider pickups in the previous CV Strats.

mb doug likes this.
  14. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    It's top notch for sure, but I'll only keep one Strat so I need to decide about this neck. I think I'll do the swap tomorrow to see if I like it before deciding about selling the Fender or this loaded body.

mb doug likes this.
  15. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
  16. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I see you now have it for sale. What didn't you like about it, if I may ask?

17. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Not a thing, but I've already got a great Fender USA/Warmoth strat so I don't need two. I got this one to try and get into a Tele of some sort. I actually thought about stealing this neck and selling the Fender American Deluxe neck I have, this one is that nice. Kinda hate to break it up though, someone is going to love this guitar.

18. Squierplayer1

Squierplayer1 Squier-Meister

Feb 10, 2019
    so cal
    Hmmm....did u check the intonation/ Because looking at the saddles they are WAY out of whack and the guitar should not sound well tuned like that no matter how u tune it. If it came like that from the factory i gotta wonder about the neck on it. I got a CV chinese strat with a visually crooked fret so who knows what could get past QC. Either that neck is funky or someone who has no idea what they are doii9ng tried to set the intonation. Iy's used so i assume the previous owner but still seems very odd.

19. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Just got it last night so haven't checked the intonation. Sounds good though as is but I'm going to go do that right now.

20. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    That was an easy fix, can’t believe I missed that.

72F3C5B7-0194-411A-A479-187BCEBBD8D8.jpeg

Las Palmas Norte likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice