Cut my finger.... again

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by DUSTER, May 14, 2019.

1. DUSTER

DUSTER Squier-Meister

May 2, 2014
    Greensburg, Pa.
    I have the worst luck when it comes to this. A couple weeks ago I cut the tip of my left index finger, now I cut the same finger on the inside of the knuckle....... hope I can bend it tomorrow. It's always because do stupid crap..... and end up paying for it.

2. Bassman96

Bassman96 Squier-holic

Nov 13, 2010
    Oak Harbor, WA
  3. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

I bought some 3M Vetbond last time I cut a finger. It's thin, and the tiny applicator tube worked well for sticking the cut together without making a big blob of glue. I got maybe 1/2 an hour of normal playing before the cut started coming open and I had to re-apply, but my cut was right near the end of my index finger.

4. Chubbles

Chubbles Squier-Meister

Mar 6, 2018
    Philadelphia PA
    My wife cut a tendon in here little finger. She needed surgery. She still lost some mobility

Be careful!!

5. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I feel ya, Chubbles... Cut my flexor tendon in my left middle finger about 8 years ago, and completely lost all use of it... It didn't stop me, and I'm actually better NOW than before I cut it, but it was a helluva speed bump, man... And hang in there, @DUSTER ...

6. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    I work for a contractor in the summer and always end up with at least one cut a week.A good flexible bandage is the best protection unless it's a finger tip. Then I use super glue.

Kenneth Mountain and mb doug like this.
  7. DUSTER

DUSTER Squier-Meister

May 2, 2014
    Greensburg, Pa.
    The good news is that I can bend it but the bad news is that every time I do, it bleeds. It looks like I'll take the down time to change some strings or something.

8. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    play slide in the meantime!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND painting on some New Skin. That stuff does a great job of preventing infection and getting a wound over the hump of the first few days of always opening up.

Kenneth Mountain and surf green like this.
  9. Matt Shevell

Matt Shevell Squier-Nut

Feb 5, 2018
    New York
    Hope you heal up quick

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  10. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
  11. Bassman96

Bassman96 Squier-holic

Nov 13, 2010
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Or just stop being a little b**@h and just suck it up lol. Blood makes really nice string lube

CVSteve and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  12. mofojar

mofojar Squier-Nut

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    Many years ago I broke my middle finger on my left hand and had to wear a big finger cast on it for the next 6-8 weeks. All my playing was with a slide on my ring finger for the whole time.

Kenneth Mountain and fattboyzz like this.
  13. Conghaille

Conghaille Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2016
    Elsewhere
    Make sure you're up on that tetanus immunization. Hardly ever happens in the US, but if it does, it'll be the worst memory you every have if you survive it.

14. DUSTER

DUSTER Squier-Meister

May 2, 2014
    Greensburg, Pa.
    There's allway one

Kenneth Mountain and Bassman96 like this.
  15. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    @DUSTER 's thread reminded me of this story.
    For those who use power saws. If you notice anything "different" about how your saw is cutting, STOP. While cutting small pieces of wood molding in a 12" chop saw, I noticed that the blade was kinda grabbing the wood on angle cuts. Only 8 pieces to cut, 7 done and 1 to go......the blade snapped the wood which pushed my left holding hand into the blade. Wack! Hit the tip on my thumb at the finger nail. Off to the hospital, and at the cost of 2 American strats later, I out.

Bandaged up and back to work a week later, I changed the blade and I'm tightening it up, when I hear someone say "hey you don't have to tighten it that much". I find out that he was cutting vinyl siding prior to my using the saw. For vinyl, they reverse the blade (backwards) so the siding doesn't chip. When done, they fix the blade, only some don't like to tighten it TOO much. Wayne don't work here no mo.

16. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

I've heard that if you cut your middle finger tendon just right you can give the audience the finger the whole time you're playing.

Seriously though, that's impressive, @SquierTap.

SquierTap likes this.
  17. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I'm like a real life Eminem, "My middle finger won't go down, how do I wave?!?"

Even though it doesn't bend at all, I've learned to "tuck it back" with my other fingers, because, let's face it, if your middle finger won't go down, you BETTER be able to make a fist, lol...

;)

Triple Jim likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice