Custom shop Squier?

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by bugo, Jan 18, 2012.

1. bugo

bugo Squier-Meister

Jul 14, 2011
    Tulsa
    The Custom Shop takes special orders. Would they put the Squier logo on if you asked them to?

2. mrlinguini

mrlinguini Squier-holic

Jun 2, 2011
    San Diego, Ca
    Ha, ha...thats a good question.

Kenneth Mountain and stratman420 like this.
  3. JapaneseBullets

JapaneseBullets Squier-holic

Yeah it'd be fun to have them make a Fantastic Strat or Tele with a Squier decal and see how many people tell you it's pretty good but not as good as a "real Fender".

4. fenderfreak

fenderfreak Squier-holic

Nov 17, 2010
    Upper Midwest USA
    I've wondered that too....

5. softwarejanitor

softwarejanitor Squier-holic

Apr 19, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    One way to find out would be to build a top-notch partscaster out of all top-of-the-line parts like Warmoth body and neck... then put a fake Squier decal on it and see what people's reactions to it are... I bet you could catch some cork-sniffing label snobs...

StratSmitty and stratman420 like this.
  6. ns2joel

ns2joel Squier-Meister

Feb 21, 2010
    Brownsville,Tx
    That sounds like an awesome idea!

stratman420 likes this.
  7. JapaneseBullets

JapaneseBullets Squier-holic

I guarantee there would be quite a few.... That'd make a good hidden camera segment.
    It reminds me of this Penn and Teller's Bullsh!* episode where they tricked some patrons at an upscale restaurant into rating some fancy bottled waters and it was all municipal tap water. It's funny to hear their varying evaluations of what was all the same water.

The scene starts around the 5 minute mark.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfPAjUvvnIc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfPAjUvvnIc[/ame]

so1om likes this.
  8. soulman969

soulman969 Banned

Nov 30, 2011
    Colorado
    Other than the aforementioned attempts to see what reaction you'd get I can't find a reason for putting a decal from a guitar that sells for $380 max on a similar CS Tele that you'd pay upwards of $4k for.

I could probably do that with my Nocaster and I imagine the responses would be wow, that's the best playing CV BSB I ever played. Anyone who has ever played a CS Tele could tell the difference between the two pretty quickly but that's not to say that Squier CV's aren't very good guitars but they aren't on par with CS models.

Besides you'd have to go to all that trouble of scraping off one decal and replacing it with the correct one. The CS models are also branded with a CS logo on the back of the headstock.

9. 1935streetrod

1935streetrod Squier-holic

Feb 15, 2010
    michigan
    A few of us forum members have "crafted" our own CS models out of our Squiers...
    This is the headstock on my "CS Deluxe" ...

Attached Files:

BlueSquirrel likes this.
  10. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    That's a super nice headstock streetrod :cool:

11. bugo

bugo Squier-Meister

Jul 14, 2011
    Tulsa
    But it wouldn't be a real Squier. I want one built by Fender. That would be so cool, a custom shop Squier. Built to the same specs (24.75" scale, etc) of my ST-331. But with red Lace Sensors in an HSS configuration. That is the guitar I'd play live if I ever got in a big band. I don't see why Fender wouldn't put the Squier logo on a Custom Shop guitar since they own the brand. Money talks.

BlueSquirrel and stratman420 like this.
  12. bugo

bugo Squier-Meister

Jul 14, 2011
    Tulsa
    Because it would be extremely cool, and one of a kind. I like the idea of owning a completely unique guitar. The idea of having a guitar that NOBODY has. And if somebody turned their nose up at the Squier logo, I could show them the CS logo on the back and watch their jaw drop.

stratman420 likes this.
  13. mrlinguini

mrlinguini Squier-holic

Jun 2, 2011
    San Diego, Ca
    I think Streetrod has the right idea!

14. bugo

bugo Squier-Meister

Jul 14, 2011
    Tulsa
    It's a good idea, and nearly identical to what I want, but I want an authentic Fender/Squier, made by Fender in California. Just replace "Made in Japan" on my Squier to "Made in USA" and the headstock would otherwise be the same except for the Custom Shop logo on the back.

stratman420 likes this.
  15. David R Ferguson

David R Ferguson Squier-Meister

Feb 21, 2012
    North West Wisconsin
    Haha. That is a good idea. I would do it. :)
    It would be a neat social experiment.

StreetRod that is some nice custom decal work. Thumbs up!

Like with any guitar there are lemons and there are gems. Regardless what name is on the head stock, or how it was build.
    Not everything that comes out of the FCS is all that great, trust me I know.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. motoman45

motoman45 Squier-holic

Dec 29, 2009
    portland, Or
    I need me one of those custom shop decals,,who has em?

17. Acidhouse

Acidhouse Squier-holic

Sep 16, 2010
    Birmingham . . . Alabama
    You would get that reaction from some and from others you would get, too bad your guitar is a POS, you should get a real Fender. See bottled water video.

18. StratTuner

StratTuner Squier-Nut

Oct 5, 2010
    California
    Squier is a real Fender and closer in spirit to Leo's original design than the $3000 guitars that come out of Corona.

Caddy and stratman420 like this.
  19. David R Ferguson

David R Ferguson Squier-Meister

Feb 21, 2012
    North West Wisconsin
    You nailed that sir.

Caddy likes this.
  20. Acidhouse

Acidhouse Squier-holic

Sep 16, 2010
    Birmingham . . . Alabama
    Not disagreeing with that but if you put a Fender label on a POS and a Squier label on a Custom Shop you will still run into guitarists that will tell you the Squier is a POS fake Fender and the Fender is one of the best axes they ever played. It's the same reason people buy a pair of $100 Jeans and tell you how much better they are than your $18 pair. Marketing, not quality rules the World nowadays.

Caddy, Dr Improbable and stratman420 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice