Craigslist Scam of the Day

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by wes0121, Aug 30, 2018.

1. nicod98

nicod98 Squier-Nut

Jul 9, 2014
    Belgium
    So Am I! I'm just not the person that is willing to pay 500 for a 200 dollar second hand guitar.
    True, but pretending he paid 675 dollars for it new is. Is it possible that he did pay as much? Yes, but very unlikely in any reputable store. So pretending it is a 675 dollar guitar is misrepresenting the value. Telling lies is dishonest in my book.

jamminfool and wes0121 like this.
  2. Gip111

Gip111 Squier Talker

Dec 10, 2014
    nj
    Well, in my case the seller knew what he was selling since he bought it new years ago. Simply didn't want it any more, I don't know, could it be being at the right place at the right time?

Taurus, jamminfool and so1om like this.
  3. Gip111

Gip111 Squier Talker

Dec 10, 2014
    nj
    Ok so now it's a Fender? I thought it was a Squier?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Taurus and so1om like this.
  4. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    The guitar is/was a Squier as you can see in the photos provided by wes01021. However in the description details to the right of the photo the seller claims the make/manufacturer was Fender.

jamminfool likes this.
  5. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Squier-holic

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    It is a Fender. The seller is correct. Misleading, but correct. Anyway, the listing was deleted.

6. Gip111

Gip111 Squier Talker

Dec 10, 2014
    nj
    Fender, Squier! I don't know but I rather have a real Fender vs a Squier/Fender.

Taurus likes this.
  7. Redwhiteandblues

Redwhiteandblues Squier-Meister

Mar 28, 2018
    North idaho
    I just bought it couldn’t pass it up at that price

8. DougMen

DougMen Squier-Nut

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    There's a store in Ohio called Wadsworth Music that's selling Squier CV 50s Strats, which go for $399 everywhere, on Ebay for $599. I don't see how they can hope to get away with this, when all other listings are $399. The also have CV Teles at $599, and Affinitys at $329. But, when I go to their Ebay store, they have some listed at the correct prices alongside the inflated price ones. So, it appears that they just punched in the wrong prices on some of them. Im giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Taurus likes this.
  9. nicod98

nicod98 Squier-Nut

Jul 9, 2014
    Belgium
    If the description is correct, then it might not be really honest, but it's up to the buyer to decide how he wants to pay. I find it disturbing, but it's a free market.
    I have more problems with people taking a really cheap knock-off, putting a Fender decal on it and calling it a Squier... This actually puts the Squier brand down.

Taurus likes this.
  10. Taurus

Taurus Squier-Meister

Sep 8, 2018
    Liverpool, United Kingdom
    I’ve seen a lot of people do this when selling online. They say “Fender” in the listing and when you look at the pictures , it’s a Squier, usually not a very expensive one. Then they charge a lot more than the guitar is worth new (or close to new value)

11. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    My favorite on my local Craigslist was the guy selling a "Gibson" for $500 ... which I thought already was a pretty good price. It turned out it was a Maestro ... by Gibson. It was the same guitar that Best Buy was blowing out previously for $99 max.