cozart

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by gary mitchell, Dec 8, 2019.

1. gary mitchell

gary mitchell Squier-Meister

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    Has anyone heard of these guitars or played one. My song leader in church bought one recently. He bought one their Tele like guitars. I seems pretty nice its like the picture, and built okay. he gave $130 for it new I don't know where. But to my ears he needs to get rid of those pickups, it just has way to much treble to me way to much. Again are they worth the money. s-l500-1.jpg s-l500.jpg

cool gouhl and dbrian66 like this.
  2. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I had one. The answer is a drop dead NO. For the money, you can get a Squier.

I had a Cozart Tele ... very similar to the one you posted. I tried to upgrade, but had to re-assemble back together with stock parts because nothing would fit.

Everything about it screams cheap. $50 ... maybe I would do it.

They look really good. Luckily those looks helped me sell it for what I paid.

3. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    North Pole
    terrible guitars, horrible fretwork - run away!! Pickups are the cheapest possible, they build them just so they work, no attention paid to tone or microphonics.

gary mitchell, dbrian66 and Eddie like this.
  4. NewsCam 603

NewsCam 603 Squier-Meister

Jul 31, 2019
    Manchester N.H.
    They're all over Ebay, definitely style over substance. They look great in pics, some novel aesthetics for sure, but fit and finish are, in my limited experience, not too good. I've had four or five five Cozarts that were just rebranded Sumsmile guitars and thus, just fine. But the two "real' Cozarts, a Tele copy and a single pup Gold top LP were pretty crappy. Fret ends on the Tele could cut cordwood and the paint/finish on the LP was, how shall I say this, crap. End of opinion ;)

5. NewsCam 603

Jul 31, 2019
    Manchester N.H.
    Hell, for half the money you can get a Glarry, lol.

6. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I had their P-Bass. $65 shipped. Really good bass ... not just for the money. The reviews on their Strat's are always positive.

One guy made a comparo between a USA Fender and a GLarry. I told my wife to listen ... I didn't tell her which guitar was which. She said she liked the 2nd guitar better. Clearer and sounded better. ha ha. She picked the GLarry.

7. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    There are some good reviews out there, but definitely more bad reviews than most brands. I think if you’re comfortable working on guitars and willing to buy upgraded parts, they would probably be worth buying for a finish that you really liked.

I did this with my Huntington Tele in my Avatar. There are a lot of bad reviews for these guitars as well, but I really wanted the flag finish. I have replaced all the electronics, did the necessary fret work, and set it up, and now it’s great. One of my favorites.

10BDD0A8-F193-40EB-993F-2A5CD5C6D2B0.jpeg

8. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Doug, is that you? Lookin' and sounding great. :)

gary mitchell and dbrian66 like this.
  9. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Yup, that’s me. Thank you for the kind words, but I think you might need glasses and hearing aids! LOL!!!

gary mitchell and Eddie like this.
  10. NewsCam 603

Jul 31, 2019
    Manchester N.H.
    Yup, right here at 4:45. I'll say it again, two pieces of wood and some metal bits, that's all they are. And yes, people love those basses.

fattboyzz, gary mitchell and Eddie like this.
  11. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    If I sent you a Dak4 t-shirt, would you make another video while wearing it? :)

gary mitchell and dbrian66 like this.
  12. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    I like you Eddie, but not that much!!! :)

gary mitchell and Eddie like this.
  13. corn

corn Squier-holic

Feb 27, 2013
    San Diego
    dbl post

gary mitchell likes this.
  14. corn

corn Squier-holic

Feb 27, 2013
    San Diego
    Yep, I have to agree they are the cheapest of the cheap. I have played a couple and I wouldn’t even go through the effort of setting it up and upgrading it I think there’s better starting platforms but they do make some pretty cool looking ones

dbrian66 and gary mitchell like this.
  15. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo Squier-Nut

Feb 4, 2016
    I've got a couple Cozarts, they are not American Fenders for sure, but they are quite playable. The last two Fireflys that I bought were not, not enough neck relief even with the truss rod slack and heavy strings. And no help from customer service. At least the folks that sell Cozarts stepped up and helped out with shipping damage. Any inexpensive guitar is going to be a crap shoot, but without a stand-up seller, you're on your own.

16. Toddcaster64

Toddcaster64 Squier-holic

Apr 1, 2013
    Ventura
    The Cozart XII.

It cost me $80. So is it good? Well, by what measure? It plays, and for $80, that’s not bad. It actually plays OK, frets were not bad either. Sound is OK, kinda muddy but still has some jangle.

I kinda like that it didn’t come with any brand name on it at all - when people ask me what it is, I just say I built it myself to see if I could do it; somehow that gives it instant credibility.

E83DA033-E5C8-426F-8956-4BAD3F9FED0D.jpeg

17. Guitfiddlist

Guitfiddlist Squier-Meister

Aug 16, 2019
    ‘Merka
    ...starts scratching all the names off all the guitars and gets business cards made “Bobs boutique guitars”

dbrian66 likes this.
  18. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    I rather have a Squier ! ;)

dbrian66 likes this.
  19. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-holic

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    I don't know about the newer ones, but the older ones the quality was all over the place. Seems like the ones I've seen were good, bad, good, bad. I would say you never know until you check one out.

dbrian66 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice