Considering a Squier Contemporary Telecaster® HH

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by B Stock, Feb 14, 2020.

1. B Stock

B Stock Squier-Meister

Feb 6, 2020
    left coast
    I have my Tele sounds right where I want them, so that's taken care of.
    and.... and ....there are a Two sounds that I yearn for, just out of reach glowing so very holy grail.
    The sound of a “classic” Filter’Tron in the bridge and a P-90 in the neck. Both have lovely mids,each in the their own way.Each able to have rich distorted sounds,
    I'm developing a taste for lower output pickup in my enlightened elderly years...
    Both would be humbucking size hence a body pre configured to a Dual humbucking routing scheme
    ( less muss and fuss)

Choosing the Tele HH seems to fit the ticket.
    What my question is concerns the build quality.
    Does anyone have one that they play and are pleased with?

https://shop.fender.com/en-US/squie...er/contemporary-telecaster-hh/0371222523.html

2. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I just got one recently and I love it. It plays like a dream, and, like you, I was intending to put some standard HB sized Filtertron types in it, but I'm liking the stock pickups so much that I've put that idea on hold for now. The quality of materials, build and finish is easily equal to the Squier CVs IMO, and, like all of Fender's metallic finishes, it looks way better in person than in pics. They're made in China at the well respected Yako factory.
    DSCN0982.JPG DSCN0983.JPG

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    Best1989 and B Stock like this.
  3. B Stock

B Stock Squier-Meister

Feb 6, 2020
    left coast
    Thank you for your reply.
    and I've seen fenders factory metalics and thy are beautiful , speaking of which your is gorgeous... a great red!

4. jamndad

jamndad Squier-holic

Nov 23, 2013
    Bakersfield, Ca.
    I concur with @DougMen. The Contemporary Tele is a pretty doggone nice guitar.

5. B Stock

B Stock Squier-Meister

Feb 6, 2020
    left coast

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice