Confessions Of A Hoarder On The Road To Guitarmageddon

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by JBrooks, Aug 15, 2019.

1. JBrooks

JBrooks Squier-Meister

Jun 18, 2019
    Chicago
    Interesting Article.
    LINK

2. eaglesgift

eaglesgift Squier-holic

Apr 18, 2014
    Chiang Mai, Thailand
    Thank you, I needed that. Made me feel much saner. :)

cool gouhl, theflow and drewcp like this.
  3. ScoobySnacker

ScoobySnacker Squier-Meister

Dec 4, 2018
    Never-reach, NY
    Well, you know the old saying: "Hoarders is Hoarders!"

theflow likes this.
  4. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    To the tune of Shake It Off - Taylor Swift

Well a hoarder's gonna hoard hoard hoard hoard hoard
    and he only knows 3 chords chords chords chords chords
    But he never will get bored bored bored bored bored
    He'll never sell them off, sell them off no no no

5. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-holic

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    Oh...like Armageddon! I’m slowwww. Man, these deals you mention getting, I’m getting envious! Wish I could find a T40 for $80!

theflow likes this.
  6. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Wow, a true story by a guitar hoarding hero! With bold admissions about minute parts of his gear hoard! Doubtlessly there are people trying to contact him even now w offers & promises to motivate his stalwart soul towards parting with some of the treasure. Wish I knew him <sigh>... It would be great to see the stuff he's collected.

So it turned out that this tale was NOT about a tired pilgrim w a 10X size Santa Claus bag o' gear trudging north on a deserted US Highway to lay his burden down and gift it to @Guitarmageddon ! Oh well, maybe next time:)

7. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
  8. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    There use to be member here that had 600 Squiers. fett hasn't been active in a long time. There's a guy on the Agile forum that has about 175 guitars. He still buys more. I found a reasonable workable number to stay at. Then I have the one in one out rule. That way it stays the same.

theflow, JurnyWannaBe and wickedtools like this.
  9. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    @fett passed away.

He said his guitars were his estate. He sold a few or more of the more valuable ones before he died, if I remember correctly.

Amelia, jjudas, squierbilly and 2 others like this.
  10. jamndad

jamndad Squier-holic

Nov 23, 2013
    Bakersfield, Ca.
    LOL!! I have 12 guitars, I think. I finally achieved my dream of owning an American made Telecaster. I'm not a good player by any stretch and I certainly don't need any more guitars, but I still get this urge to find a Bullet, single humbucker, hard tail Strat, or another Affinity Tele from the package deal. I knew I'd regret selling the one I had.

theflow likes this.
  11. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Nay, just a foul brigand who hath purloined his screene name for the purpose of adding Zazz to the title of his article. ;)

12. mofojar

mofojar Squier-holic

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    One of my friends (who isn't a musician) was giving me a hard time for owning six electrics, a bass and an acoustic.

My collection is quite small compared to some of you on these boards. But since I don't like selling them it can only increase in size.

13. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    This makes me feel a lot better about my guitar hoarding ! :)

jamndad and JurnyWannaBe like this.
  14. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    Whew, I feel normal now, I guess I'm just a collector. Which, if I remember, isn't always a good thing.

Back in the 80's when the real estate market took a dive, I had a builder friend who had 3 spec houses up for sale. I ran into him one day and asked "hey Bob, how's sales?" His reply " I don't sell houses any more, I collect them".

theflow, jamndad and oneLOCOman like this.
  15. oneLOCOman

oneLOCOman Squier-holic

Oct 2, 2018
    Missouri
    I caught myself getting outta hand a little. So I set down and decided what guitars I really "needed", the big 4 a tele, LP, strat, and semihollow. So I set my limit on 10 electrics, 4 acoustics, 1 bass. I am down to 7 electrics and 2 acoustics. I am doing good!!!!:cool:

surf green, theflow and jamndad like this.
  16. lespaul1968

lespaul1968 Squier-holic

Jan 26, 2019
    Indiana
    I could only imagine what Scott Chinerry collection would be today if he had not died at such a young age. His collection was monster before his death. That was almost 20 years ago.
    Rip Scott chinwithguits_lg.jpg

theflow likes this.
  17. Bassman96

Bassman96 Squier-holic

Nov 13, 2010
    Oak Harbor, WA
    I like how @Eddie has been quiet on this one lol. Upon first reading it I was almost certain he was the author!

I have 3 guitars with a 4th almost finished (2 basses 2 guitars). I feel I am almost where I want to be with them. I have decided that nothing gets bought unless I plan to keep it so that has helped considerably.

Best1989, theflow and drewcp like this.
  18. CVSteve

CVSteve Squier-Nut

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice