Classic Vibe pricing

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by JohnnyMac, May 22, 2019.

1. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Squier-Nut

Mar 5, 2018
    Front range Colorado
    I'm interested in a Classic Vibe 60's Strat. I found 2009 three color burst at local pawn shop that can be had for $250 plus tax. It's generally in pretty good condition but there are numerous small dings front and back. No chipped paint, just small dents. The neck and frets are in fine condition

There are none listed locally to compare prices with. Reverb shows none listed for under $300 and some for close to new prices. Are these CVs really holding their value this well? Maybe $250 isn't a bad price for one in that condition.

Thing is, I have a close to flawless 2015 CV 50's that I want to sell and based on the prices that I see and it's condition I just listed it at $300. We'll see.

2. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Have you already haggled with them to reach $250 or is that the asking price?

Dr Improbable likes this.
  3. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Squier-Nut

Mar 5, 2018
    Front range Colorado
    Yeah, down from $300. They do the pricing where every couple of months the price drops by 10%. Thats two steps down and he won't go lower than that.

I could easily hang out for another CV but from what I've found they don't seem to go for less.

Dr Improbable likes this.
  4. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    If you want it ... it's a good price.
    If you don't it's way too expensive.

5. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Squier-Nut

Mar 5, 2018
    Front range Colorado
    :)

JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  6. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I picked up mine for $150 and $220. The deals are there. You just need to be ready to move right away when they show up.

Cheef, Taurus and Dr Improbable like this.
  7. … and those deals don't aren't around as often these days. Cheers, Barrie.

Dr Improbable and jackdragbean like this.
  8. Squierplayer1

Squierplayer1 Squier-Meister

Feb 10, 2019
    so cal
    I'd say that's good. It's about as low as you ever see them aside from the rare $200 ones that you may see every 1-3years. $250 i'd say is fair considering most people ask $300 or more so you;re getting $50 off for the scratches and dings.

9. mitch_cumsteen

mitch_cumsteen Squier-Meister

Jun 25, 2018
    Planet, Idaho
    drewcp likes this.
  10. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Squier-Nut

Mar 5, 2018
    Front range Colorado
    I took another look at it and decided to pass. I'd rather pay a little more for one in better condition. I just got an offer of $250 for more excellent condition CV 50s but I just listed today and will hold my price.

002.JPG

Cheef, squierbilly and drewcp like this.
  11. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Since all the current Chinese made CV guitars with alder (or pine) bodies, and Tonerider pickups aren't being made anymore, and are due to be replaced with Indonesian versions to be introduced at summer NAMM next month, probably with poplar bodies and Fender designed Alnico pickups, I expect the price of the used Chinese ones to go up.

5ofeight likes this.
  12. DoctorBB

DoctorBB Squier-Nut

Mar 2, 2016
    Beaumont, TX
    I bought a mint 2010 MIM 3 tone burst a few years ago for $275 out the door, but paid $300 for my 2014 CVC Tele last year, although it came with a hard case. And the Tele has a ding. Both worth it to me because they both feel great.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    mitch_cumsteen likes this.
  13. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    If it's in great shape and I wanted it and could afford it ,it would be living at my house :D:D:D

14. TEXINGA

TEXINGA Squier-Nut

Dec 7, 2018
    GA

Any reason you want that particular Strat? You can get a new one (for around $249.00) I understand the new ones from fender are well made and have may extras not found on normal Squiers.

15. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Squier-Nut

Mar 5, 2018
    Front range Colorado
    I have a nice CV 50's and it's a great playing and sounding guitar but I can't get past the tinted, glossy maple fretboard. I prefer the CV 60's three color burst and rosewood (or whatever it is) fretboard.

Which new Fender are you referring too?

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  16. fenderzombie

fenderzombie Squier-Meister

Nov 24, 2014
    oregon
    These CV were going to go up, as soon as they moved them from China. I said it before when they stoped the made in Japan Squier you knew they were going up. Fender bottom line is to save money in production even if it means using different materials.

Taurus likes this.
  17. Cheef

Cheef Squier Talker

May 31, 2019
    United States
    Love the 2TS CV. Sweet.

18. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Squier-Nut

Mar 5, 2018
    Front range Colorado
    Meanwhile, I swapped the stark white pickguard for a black one and like it much better. Decided to keep it. :)

010.JPG

Taurus, Best1989, drewcp and 3 others like this.
  19. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Padre Island
    I haven't even got to plug it in yet, but it feels nice in the hands...

4A (2).JPG

TEXINGA, Taurus and Best1989 like this.
  20. Taurus

Taurus Squier-Nut

Sep 8, 2018
    Liverpool, United Kingdom
    Looks amazing with that pick guard

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice