Classic vibe neck on a Standard body

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by exactopposite, Jul 7, 2018.

1. exactopposite

exactopposite Squier Talker

Jun 25, 2018
    Philadelphia
    I have a 2003 Standard Strat in the lovely cherry sunburst finsh. I have decided to replace the neck with a 1 peice maple neck. My CV 50's tele has a beautiful quarter sawn neck and I also have an American Special Strat with a one piece maple neck. Those guitars made me realize that I prefer maple to rosewood for Fender necks.

I just purchased a new 2018 CV 50's neck for it which should arrive sometime next week. I'll take it to a luthier to have it set up when it arrives. I really like the neck on my CV Tele and I'm hoping the Strat neck is the same. I looked around at options for different necks. In the end I Decided a CV neck would be a good option. I found one for sale including the tuners for about $150 which I thought was a reasonable price.

Have any of you guys put a CV neck on a Standard? I'm hoping I can live vicariously through you until I get mine done.

duggerh likes this.
  2. IronSchef

IronSchef Squier-holic

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    CV necks are my "go to" neck for partscaster builds - I have used a CV 50s Strat neck and 2 CV50s Tele necks. I think the CV Maple necks are just wonderful in every way! :)

duggerh, Pat V. and jersey11 like this.
  3. exactopposite

Jun 25, 2018
    Philadelphia
    The CV neck seemed like an obvious choice. New Fender Classic Player 50's neck can be had for $200 but that would also require another $50 on tuners. That makes the CV neck with tuners $100 less. Also the neck I bought is quarter sawn like my Tele which is a plus for me. I haven't played any CV Strats but I anticipate being happy with it.

How would you compare the CV50's Tele and Strat necks?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    duggerh and Pat V. like this.
  4. txflood

txflood Squier-Meister

Dec 10, 2014
    North Carolina
    I own both a CV 50 tele and CV 50 strat. The tele neck is a bit chunkier and the better of the 2 for my hand.

5. exactopposite

Jun 25, 2018
    Philadelphia
    The Strat neck just arrived today.it's hard to tell how it compares to the Tele neck until it is installed on the body. The neck looks great though!

cool gouhl likes this.