Classic Vibe Custom color

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by JimNH, Dec 27, 2017.

1. JimNH

JimNH Squier Talker

Nov 23, 2017
    New Hampshire
    Now I'm torn. I want both of those Teles!

surfrodguitar and Telechamp like this.
  2. JimNH

JimNH Squier Talker

Nov 23, 2017
    New Hampshire
    BTW, if anyone lives in this area, there's a music store in Manchester, NH that is selling a brand new CV thinline for $350.

mb doug likes this.
  3. Telechamp

Telechamp Squier-Meister

Jan 17, 2011
    Florida
    And I can't decide which one I like best!!

4. surfrodguitar

surfrodguitar Squier-holic

Aug 4, 2016
    Laguna Niguel
    You guys are killing me with these gorgeous Teles! I love all those colors but if I had to choose from the burst and the white...the burst wins.

5. 5ofeight

5ofeight Squier-holic

Nov 14, 2016
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I want both too..

Telechamp likes this.
  6. topper

topper Squier Talker

Apr 23, 2015
    Israel
    I know it's an old thread, but does anyone know the exact pickup and pickguard specs for the black FSR Tele with the white binding? Are they the same Tonerider pickups in all Classic Vibe Custom Teles of the period? Was the pickguard one or three-ply? I'm about to buy such a guitar which has been upgraded with Hot Rails and a humbucker, and unfortunately the previous owner sold the original pickups and pickguard. I'm sure the Hot Rails is great but it's not the classic Tele attack that I'm looking for, so I'll be looking to restore to original condition.

7. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    Yes, same pickups as on all Classic Vibe Tele Custom guitars, as well as same pickups as the butterscotch blonde Classic Vibe 50s....

BE AWARE there is a new model of classic vibe so some of the pickups being sold are the new ones, you should be able to tell by the bobbin construction (fibre vs plastic injection molded).....

Yes the pickguard was 5 hole 3 ply parchment/white pickguard...not 1 ply....

8. topper

topper Squier Talker

Apr 23, 2015
    Israel
    Thanks, I love this forum! I'm not familiar with bobbin construction, can you elaborate enough for me to usefully tell between the types?

I'll post a wanted ad, who knows what might come up... Were those pickguards used on other models of Tele? If not, they will be impossible to find and I'll have to find another type.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice