Cheap neck

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by pflug, Jan 22, 2018.

1. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    If I don't receive my item by the Estimated Delivery Date, I request a refund the day after. So far, I've always either gotten a refund or my ordered item. One time I got both. What is interesting is... if it says shipped then it should be able to be tracked on the seller's end. I've had a seller track a package from China through customs into the US and into my local post office. I think some of the stuff I ordered that I did not receive, that said shipped, was not shipped. That's why the ebay seller was so quick to issue a refund.

2. WhiteKnite

WhiteKnite Squier Talker

Dec 20, 2017
    S Korea
    Except in this case the guy is actually giving me valid tracking numbers, they are just to the wrong address.

mdparent03 and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  3. Wizzer

Wizzer Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2010
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I ordered one of these for $16.89. Figured if it was crap, I can use it to try refrets and whatnot on.

4. chimneysweep

chimneysweep Squier-holic

Jul 13, 2015
    CA
    mine's arriving in 2 months
    they have to grow the paulownia tree first & ****

5. Wizzer

Wizzer Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2010
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I said something similar to my son. He asked where the neck was and I said it was probably still swaying in the breeze.

6. mdparent03

mdparent03 Squier-holic

May 6, 2013
    Beaumont, CA
    Does not look good for me. Tracking number with eBay shows it being out for delivery in North Carolina but I'm in California. Not good at all. ☹️ There is no response from the seller either.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  7. medicchief

medicchief Squier-Meister

Feb 10, 2018
    North Pole
    Wow, got mine in today and there is black stuff oozing from the fake truss rod points.....hold on, the DEA is knocking on my door! Geez, the neck is hollowed out, full of opium tar and I'm in handcuffs! Guess their guys on our side of customs forgot to pull their shipment!

Just a little humor friends.....that said, you have to wonder about the stuff that is legitimately ordered (makes for a good cover) from overseas, then sent to the wrong address....etc.

8. mdparent03

mdparent03 Squier-holic

May 6, 2013
    Beaumont, CA
    Response back from the seller says, "please don't worry, it maybe send to wrong buyer ,i will resend in 5 day" To which I responded politely to just refund my money and do not resend. Oh well. :(

9. medicchief

medicchief Squier-Meister

Feb 10, 2018
    North Pole
    Whatever, right? Take him 5 days to resend? It's a shame that scams are so common. Now I get robo calls on my cell phone. I'll block the number and get the same call from another one. I've received the same call from over 10 different numbers in the last 2 days and the numbers show up as a local ones too! I wish they would come and knock on my door, they wouldn't be coming back.....lol.

10. WhiteKnite

WhiteKnite Squier Talker

Dec 20, 2017
    S Korea
    Same response he gave me. Be sure to leave negative feedback. He's obviously a scammer.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  11. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Squier-holic

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    If you're interested in a cheap neck, search ebay for "22 Frets Replacement Maple Neck Rosewood Fingerboard for ST". A number of sellers with different names ship necks from Dayton, NJ for around $27-28.

I bought one over a year ago, and I'm very pleased with it.

squierbilly, Rey08 and mdparent03 like this.
  12. mdparent03

mdparent03 Squier-holic

May 6, 2013
    Beaumont, CA
    I have used those necks as well with good results. I just thought these looked good from the photos and were cheap enough that I would give them a try. Here is one of those necks you mentioned.
    IMAG0329.jpg

squierbilly and LutherBurger like this.
  13. mdparent03

mdparent03 Squier-holic

May 6, 2013
    Beaumont, CA
    After talking with ebay customer service, they assured me that I would get my payment back but have to wait until after the estimated delivery time to file a claim. I purchased on Jan. 15th and the estimated deliver date is by Mar. 19th. I can file on the 20th. So now it's just a wait-and-see game. If the neck shows or if time runs out for them and I get a refund. :(

14. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    I’m in the same boat. My “tracking “ says it’s been in China since January 24th and hasn’t moved. I’ve had some issues with eBay purchases recently. I bought a set of alnico pickups that were ceramic. Got a full refund. Got a stereo for my wife’s car and it doesn’t work right so I’m getting the runaround from the seller right now. I told them if they don’t send me a return label and issue a full refund I would go through PayPal and get my money back.

mdparent03 likes this.
  15. Michael7

Michael7 Squier-holic

That's good information, thanks! I went to that site (Tomtop Sales) and found they offer about 1000 guitar related items, from necks for Teles and Strats as well as cheap complete guitars from about $75 delivered.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148356&icep_item=331820160636

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148356&icep_item=311919230372
    This guitar actually looks pretty nice!

16. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    Animal feces is useful for gardening...just saying.

Merv_j and mdparent03 like this.
  17. mdparent03

mdparent03 Squier-holic

May 6, 2013
    Beaumont, CA
    I wont post those pics

Merv_j likes this.
  18. Wizzer

Wizzer Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2010
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Here's an update on mine. For $16 and change, it's actually kind of funny.

The seller messaged me right after I bought it and asked that I please deal with him directly if I have an issue before I go to eBay. Alright, no big deal.

Then I get the China Post tracking number and it shows my delivery date between 2/14 and 3/21. Again, no big deal. I didn't pay too much attention to it.

I check the tracking this morning and it shows the last update as being sent to some Chinese airline on 1/28. So just for kicks, I look at my purchase history on eBay and it doesn't show I bought a guitar neck. It shows I bought some black and green remote control car.

I'm 100% sure the item I clicked on and bought was a guitar neck, but we'll see if/when the package gets here. Pretty funny, really. And hey, it says the R/C car is FAST, so that's...something?

19. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    A lot of the skunk stripes are painted on ,you would be surprised,as for the neck you received it is by far the worst I've seen.:(

mdparent03 likes this.
  20. WhiteKnite

WhiteKnite Squier Talker

Dec 20, 2017
    S Korea
    Well, got my refund. The guy started ignoring me after giving me the second fake tracking number. Escalated the claim and he ignored Ebay too. Now I need to find a cheap neck that actually exists to use the cheap Chinese hardware I ordered for this...

mdparent03 likes this.