Car guys: questions about mustang ii ifs in 62 comet

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by five teles, Oct 13, 2019.

1. five teles

five teles Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2014
    shoals alabama
    Wow! At first I thought it was about the boss 302 legend regarding putting 351C 4V heads on the 302 ( I think the y required machine work before installation) but that's just awesome. I wasn't aware of that being built. If you want to start a fight, ask a group of people if the Cleveland is a big or small block. People seem to think that they are more different than they are. I would love to have something like that. But I don't see it happening lol..

2. five teles

five teles Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2014
    shoals alabama
    Went to see the guy today and he is in Arkansas(poor guy jk) . I got him on the phone and told him just let me know anytime he is ready. Was hoping to add pictures of it today but it will take a little while before I can afford to do anything besides get the independent front suspension ,so I guess I'm not really in a rush. Cmon Lottery lol...

duzie and Afrika61 like this.
  3. Afrika61

Afrika61 Squier-holic

Oh , you're referring to a "Clevor" engine. That head swap involved any kind of 341C/351M/400M head on to a Windsor block. I only saw one in the flesh but it was a strong runner, especially for the time because it was running on s**** 1970s lead free. The swap involved welding one small coolant passage and opening up another on the heads, a set of thin adapter plates between the manifold and the head, a different intake, and some other stuff. The problem with the swap that I recall was the that although the C heads got you bigger valves, they really began to produce gains in flow at the really high end(6,000rpm and above?), well above what a typical non-Boss 302 would run at without grenading. The Boss 302 block had some serious engineering to live at the occasional blip to 8,500rpm, like 4-bolt main bearing caps, a little more beef in the block webbing, better oil flow, etc, that the run of the mill 302 lacked. I've often thought about building a Clevor for kicks and sticking it into an ice racer of some kind, largely because they run a bit like a flat track bike with the throntle wide open most of the time,...:D

five teles likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice