SOLD CANADA - Jay Turser Vintage Series Strat - vintage white

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale, Trade or Wanted' started by Guitarmageddon, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    Anyone in Canada want a cheap guitar shipped to them with full thickness solid wood body, nice neck with dark rosewood, hot stock ceramic pickups, Kluson style tuners? Not going to be worth shipping to the USA I don't think.

2 little issues - neck could use fret level and crown (frets 12-14 buzzy).....and 2 of the tuners (B and high E) slip a little bit - I don't mean they slip out of tune, I mean they move like 1/4 turn before 'grabbing' - but they work fine. Holds tune and plays great. I don't know how to fret level and crown....

If it had no issues and had higher end alnico pickups, it's on par with a Classic Vibe....

Price? $80 Canadian plus shipping paypal gift. That is my cost for this, not making a single penny. Includes Squier VM Strat saddles (Fender stamped bent steel - not yet installed). I thought that would give it a more vintage look. I can probably make a custom box and take off the neck to cut down on costs.

Put a little TLC into this for those who know how to level and crown, and it will be a great guitar that SHOULD be worth in the $200-250 Canadian range. Resale value on these off brands isn't what it is with Fender or Squier though as we all know....but we know what quality is too!

DSC07128.JPG DSC07129.JPG
    DSC07130.JPG DSC07131.JPG DSC07132.JPG

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Robb, mb doug, surf green and 3 others like this.
  2. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    If anyone wants just the neck or body etc, let me know I can part it out too for a very reasonable price.....

3. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    That, in my opinion, is a solid deal..

fattboyzz and Guitarmageddon like this.
  4. mdparent03

mdparent03 Squier-holic

May 6, 2013
    Beaumont, CA
    I am looking for a strat neck like that. What do you think the shipping to the USA would be?

5. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    The holes would probably have to be filled and re-drilled, the pattern is slightly off to Fender I think. It's a nice neck if you know how to fret level and crown. 12" radius. Looks like I MIGHT be able to ship it to California for about $75 US including shipping Paypal gift, neck with tuners. I think necks might be available cheaper to you from the USA?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    mdparent03 likes this.
  6. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    I had a JT-300 Vintage for a while. Those are nice playing Strats, the neck is to die for.

Guitarmageddon likes this.
  7. mdparent03

mdparent03 Squier-holic

May 6, 2013
    Beaumont, CA
    Yep, that would be too costly. I appreciate the response though. Good luck on the sale.

Guitarmageddon likes this.
  8. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    For now I put it up locally for $80, since there are no bites on this site. Hoping to find this a good home with someone who knows how to fix the fret issue.

drewcp likes this.
  9. mofojar

mofojar Squier-Nut

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    Nice looking guitar! I'm not in the market for any more until I pay off the MIM Strat I just bought. Also I don't have leveling and crowning tools yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice