Can someone help me identify this effect or combo of effects?

Discussion in 'The Buzz Box' started by stratman420, May 1, 2019.

1. stratman420

stratman420 Squier-Meister

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile
    Hands Off Gretel are one of my favorite new bands from the UK, I love everything I've heard from them, but I'm curious as what appears to be a combination of effects starting at 1:07 in the song. I believe it tbe reverb, perhaps chorus, and perhaps the amps natural gain? Please let me know what you all think, as I've only been getting into pedals for a little less than a month.

2. ksandbergfl

ksandbergfl Squier-Meister

Sep 7, 2015
    sounds like a chorus with the Speed value turned way high to give the warbling effect... tons of reverb.... not sure about the overdrive, probably just the amp turned up loud.

stratman420 likes this.
  3. Bassman96

Bassman96 Squier-holic

Nov 13, 2010
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Sounds like chorus+flanger+reverb to me. Could be just a flanger but I know that is definitely one of them.

BlueSquirrel likes this.
  4. BlueSquirrel

BlueSquirrel Squier-holic

Dec 21, 2018
    Europe
    I hear mostly chorus and reverb,then a little bit of overdrive (could be just the amp) and possibly a little flanger as well.

Good band btw, thanks for introducing them to us!

stratman420 likes this.
  5. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Have you tried reaching out to the band directly? Maybe on facebook? (I didn't verify if their acct was set up for DMs) They don't even have 20k likes. Speaking from band management experience, they probably don't get a lot of Private Messages. And they would be able to answer better than any of the speculation here.

stratman420 likes this.
  6. TheKurdtz

TheKurdtz Squier-holic

Sep 13, 2017
    Holland
    could be a flanger or a huge amount of reverb with a tremolo pedal on the highest setting

stratman420 likes this.
  7. stratman420

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile
    I did leave a comment on the video asking what tuning they are in, but that's a good idea. On Facebook I'll DM Lauren (the singer/ryhthm guitarist) and see if she knows or can find out.

drewcp and BlueSquirrel like this.
  8. stratman420

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile
    Well, I just DM'd him on Facebook, it was fairly easy to find his personal account, so I sent him a friend request and asked him about the effect/s in question, so I'll report back if I get any sort of response.

9. stratman420

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile
    The guitarist (Seán Bon) repping a Squier Mustang in one of their videos... Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 10.46.32 PM.png

BlueSquirrel likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice