Call me Mister Blue

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by rocknrguitars, Nov 7, 2018.

1. rocknrguitars

rocknrguitars Squier-Meister

Jun 4, 2017
    East Helena Montana
    This was such a fun project. I found these pickups on The Stratosphere. They are pickups they special ordered in bulk to pass on the savings. Sure, I’ve heard that before, but what the heck for 25 bucks with shipping, I decided to give them a shot. They are in short, Fantastic!. They have a tight bottom end, slightly scooped mids and I feel a very defined treble. They love overdrive! Very affordable great sounding pickup. So, when I updated this 2009 Affinity, they were my first choice. I put on Gotoh Tread Loc tuners, Natural Bone Nut, GFS Shorty Big Block Tremolo and a Top-notch harness. (CTS 250K Pots, Oak Grigsby 5-Way, Orange Drop .47 Caps, Treble Bleed with 7-Way Switching) This is not a light guitar (8.2lbs), but the sustain is worth it. Very happy with this new toy. And, I love the Metallic Blue Body!

Attached Files:

2. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
  3. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
  4. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-Nut

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Sweet. I have a very similar set up with a blue affinity and a loaded pearl pickguard with might mite hot rails. The loaded pickguard also came from stratosphere but was more than you spent. I am very satisfied with that guitar. My affinity is a 2003 and is pretty light.

dbrian66, Eddie, SquierTap and 2 others like this.
  5. rocknrguitars

Jun 4, 2017
    East Helena Montana
    Yes

6. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Shaaaarp, hoss... Same color as my bullet 'stang...

7. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Sweet. Did that guitar go under your buffing wheel? That looks like liquid blue. Beautiful.

One of these days, you're going to find an old Chinese guy at your doorstep lugging about 20 guitars to borrow your buffing wheel. :)

8. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    You do good work and with Eddie as your cheerleader you'll go far.. He sold me.. :)

9. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I'm his biggest fan. Every one of my NC's (sans one) has an RRG on it. I won't have it any other way. I'm picking up another SGW project NC tomorrow. Let's see if it's a keeper. If it is, it's getting an RRG. :)

10. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    I orderd my first RRG yesterday for a left handed project.. Can't wait.. But I'll have too,, I'm on the road right now.. I'm figuring the end of December.. Merry Christmas too me!.. :D

11. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Let us know what you think. I've been hankering for a leftie to turn into a rightie. :)

12. Love that blue and the rest is no slouch either. That might be one to convert my thoughts on the Affinity series.
    Cheers, Barrie.

13. rocknrguitars

Jun 4, 2017
    East Helena Montana
    Yes it went on the wheels. Secret is to have a buffer that only spins at 700 rpm to 800 rpm. Any faster and chances are you are going to burn some paint. I start on Medium and work up to extra-fine.

Kenneth Mountain and squierbilly like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice