Bullet Mustangs - $119

Discussion in 'Squier Offset Guitars' started by Wizzer, Nov 10, 2017.

1. DADGAD

DADGAD Squier Talker

Nov 1, 2017
    California
    The FSR Mustang spec says it has a 42mm nut width. Can any owners comment on the neck thickness and shape?

chimneysweep likes this.
  2. chimneysweep

chimneysweep Squier-Nut

Jul 13, 2015
    CA
    For 499! What a bargain!

3. chimneysweep

chimneysweep Squier-Nut

Jul 13, 2015
    CA
    Yes pls

4. DADGAD

DADGAD Squier Talker

Nov 1, 2017
    California
    This thread is giving me GAS. I could dig putting a pair of GFS Surf 90 pickups in one of these. Maybe the white one with a custom red tortoise PG.

1980 likes this.
  5. wickedtools

wickedtools Squier-holic

May 16, 2010
    west texas
    I wish I lived close to a GC times like this:(

6. 1980

1980 Squier Talker

Aug 2, 2017
    Earth
    Do the bullet mustangs have the trapezoid tuners?

7. radiotech

radiotech Squier-holic

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Nope, Gotoh style.

1980 likes this.
  8. radiotech

radiotech Squier-holic

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    I stopped Sunday in Joliet Il, they had a green, but said they were told not to sell at $119 until next Friday, I was going to be a jerk and buy it and tell them I’d be coming in next Friday for the price adjustment... but I hate going out on BF.

9. 1980

1980 Squier Talker

Aug 2, 2017
    Earth
    Sweet, thanks! I might have to grab one of these if I can.

radiotech likes this.
  10. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    The sale price is offered through Sunday so you could go at a more convenient date or even later on Black Friday when most of the madness has been completed.

If the price is also offered on Guitarcenter.com ... which I would think it would be ... you could just order it there and pick it up at a later date or have it sent to you, as long as the pricing is in effect I guess. Or you may be able to call the store and order it and then pick it up.

Like you, I hate going out on Black Friday. Yes you can make a bargain but I just can't deal with the crowds, the hassle, the rudeness, etc.

Dr Improbable and radiotech like this.
  11. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Squier-Nut

Apr 4, 2015
    Wisconsin
    I want one! (Mustang). But this time of the year OTHER people expect me to buy stuff for them...

so1om likes this.
  12. DADGAD

DADGAD Squier Talker

Nov 1, 2017
    California
    Just noticed that the specs for the bullet (MIC) says it has a 24” scale neck but the FSR bullet (MII) has a 24.75” neck. On the Musicians Friend site they both say “string through body” but he pictures do not show it.

13. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    All of the new Squier Bullet Mustangs that I've had in my possession (Black, Imperial Blue, Surf Green and Oly White) are 24" Scale Toploaders Crafted In Indonesia.

And I believe all of the Squier Vintage Modified Mustangs were also 24" Scale Toploaders Crafted In Indonesia.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 5:08 PM
    danzigdan likes this.
  14. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    Probably just some mistakes. IIRW when the original Squier Mustang came out, the main Fender web site said it had a 24.75-inch neck but was later corrected.

The string-through-body does not jive with the photos so I don't know what the story is with that. The Fender site for the regular Bullet Mustangs do not show string-through bodies and I don't remember what the ones I played had.

15. danzigdan

danzigdan Squier-Meister

Feb 10, 2014
    NYS
    This is correct.

16. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-Meister

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    I'm curious about other people's experiences with the FSRs. I've played one of the original blue ones, which was really nice, and 3 FSRs, none of which worked well for me.

The FSRs felt great to hold, but I had issues with tuning them. I played a green one last night and even after struggling to get the strings in tune, the intonation was way off.

I mean, it was impossible to play any open chord at all without something sounding half a semitone sharp.

I had similar issues with two white ones at different stores. May be it's me, or the strings are just garbage... or there's issues with the nut? Very disappointing.

17. radiotech

radiotech Squier-holic

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    All setup/lack of care on GC’s part kind of stuff.
    The two I played this summer were in small shops, and were just fine in those reguards.

The green one I played on Sunday was a bit more refined than the two blue ones I played over the summer. Fret ends were smoother, paint was nicer near the neck pocket, and it was just a tad heavier than the others. It’s kind of an odd duck sitting down with one... the thin, tummy cut, long/tall body sits a tad too high on the knee. Much better standing.

VealCutlet likes this.
  18. danzigdan

danzigdan Squier-Meister

Feb 10, 2014
    NYS
    It's not just you. I've seen two white ones (no surf green) and both had slightly sharp frets. The one I played I could not tune properly by ear. The black one I just got seems better except the fretboard is dry and scratchy, and yes the strings on these things is beyond horrible. Off they go!

VealCutlet likes this.