Bullet fsr telecaster / Bullet limited edition ?

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by Mr Jyde, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Mr Jyde

Mr Jyde Squier Talker

Dec 15, 2018
    USA
  2. MadJack

MadJack Squier Talker

Dec 26, 2018
    Candler, FL
    The ringing you hear is from the strings up at the headstock. The third and fourth strings specifically, without a string tree.

Mr Jyde likes this.
  3. Mr Jyde

Mr Jyde Squier Talker

Dec 15, 2018
    USA
    Well i finally got one. Guitar center ordered me one, $129.99, its got the tag on it and it says RW NK so i guess that stands for rosewood neck, 2018 made in indonesia but i thought indonesia builds were indian laurel fretboards?.......its nice though.

bullet 2.jpg bullet.jpg

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    txflood, Taurus, nicod98 and 3 others like this.
  4. Mr Jyde

Mr Jyde Squier Talker

Dec 15, 2018
    USA
    ok, my high E string is going to the edge of the fretboard closer to the body. The neck is fairly straight but my saddles are angled to the right, slanted to the right. looks like the 1st three strings that are slanted the worst. anyway i can fix this without messing with the intonation ? ......thanks

Attached Files:

5. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    I'd see if you can exchange it. That's pretty bad...

6. ChinaCatSunflower

ChinaCatSunflower Squier Talker

Oct 18, 2018
    USA
    Try loosening all your strings, then push all your saddles left or right to where your high-E string is in a better spot over the neck, re-tighten your strings starting with the high-E first.

mdparent03 and Mr Jyde like this.
  7. Mr Jyde

Mr Jyde Squier Talker

Dec 15, 2018
    USA
    Wow, that did it. The saddles are straight now. That brought the high E the same distance from the edge of the fretboard thats at the top. Nice job. Im still new to this. Any more tips, im all ears.......thank you very much

8. Mfranzdorf

Mfranzdorf Squier-Meister

Feb 2, 2016
    NW Ohio
    I just brought one of these beauties home today, and the high E was just like yours. Easily fixed and she plays just perfect. I can not believe how much I enjoy this guitar for $140 brand new.
    Image1546296348.949363.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Squier-Talk Forum mobile app

9. Taurus

Taurus Squier-Nut

Sep 8, 2018
    Liverpool, United Kingdom
    That’s beautiful

Mfranzdorf likes this.
  10. Mr Jyde

Mr Jyde Squier Talker

Dec 15, 2018
    USA
    Nice one........:D

Mfranzdorf likes this.
  11. ChinaCatSunflower

Oct 18, 2018
    USA
    One of the very low-cost and easy things to do to make your beauties even more lovely, is to oil the fretboard. This will darken it up, improve its 'feel'... away from that 'dryness', and add some lustre and a bit of shine. I bought a small bottle of walnut oil at a natural foods store, for my rosewood, indial laurel, ebony, etc... fretboards and give them all a treatment once a year. I apply it with a cotton ball during a string change, letting the fretboard soak in as much as it wants for and hour, and wipe off the excess with paper towel.

On the very first application, let the oil soak in for a few hours, then wipe off. The fretboard might not initially look as dark as you had hoped, but it will continue to darken over the next couple weeks as the soaked in oil continues to diffuse throughout the wood.

Mr Jyde, mustang freak and Mfranzdorf like this.
  12. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    Another way to center the E strings on the fret board and equal the edge spacing is to give it a "neck adjustment". Like a chiropractor, you need to tweek the neck. Loosen the 4 neck screws a couple of turns until you can feel a bit of play in the neck pocket. Apply some constant pressure to the neck (side to side). If you want to create space on the high E side, push the neck toward low E (or the opposite). As you apply pressure with one hand, using a screw driver, tighten the screws with the other. This maneuver will work more times than not. Note: unlike a chiropractor, stop before the neck cracks.

13. Mfranzdorf

Mfranzdorf Squier-Meister

Feb 2, 2016
    NW Ohio
    Thanks! I think so. I initially wasn’t after the red sparkle, but it was the last one in stock so I got a little bit extra off. Once I got it home, I’m glad I got the one I did. My other guitars are more traditional in appearance and this really stands out.

Sent from my iPad using Squier-Talk Forum mobile app

Taurus likes this.
  14. Taurus

Taurus Squier-Nut

Sep 8, 2018
    Liverpool, United Kingdom
    I don’t know if they’ve already been released and sold out here in the UK but they are coming back in stock towards the end of January :)

mustang freak likes this.
  15. ChinaCatSunflower

Oct 18, 2018
    USA
    I would not recommend doing this with most guitars that were made after 1999. Since around then, Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machines have precision cut bodies (including the neck pocket) and necks (including the neck heel), and the tolerances are snug to tight, with really zero side play. The above technique generally works on older guitars that were machined using a jig, but on newer CNC machined guitars, not so much, if at all IME. You wouldn't want to split you neck pocket, or pop a paint chip.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  16. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-holic

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    I do it all the time on modern Squier products.....no issues.....there is play.....

ChinaCatSunflower and surf green like this.
  17. mustang freak

mustang freak Squier-Meister

Nov 4, 2017
    london
    where can i get one? wow! edit, i just found them whoooo! that is sweet! bullets are the best, i tried three u.s.a made strats in london, all the 5 bullets i tried were so much better

18. mustang freak

mustang freak Squier-Meister

Nov 4, 2017
    london
    they are here mate and i want one!

Mr Jyde and Taurus like this.
  19. pixvaultsdm

pixvaultsdm New Member

Mar 12, 2019
    UK
    My 1st post here, hello one & all, and I'm greedy I bagged two of them a LPB, with the mint green pick guard, and a Sparkly Red one which must have been a Friday afternoon jobbie as the frets are appalling. Really grungy frets, bad fret sprout and the 16th & 17th frets both have high spots, and both of them have the high E 'issue'

That being said it's worth it just for the colours, the photo of the LPB doesn't do it justice, it's a stunner, and the Red Sparkly ain't far behind.

I bought them both to mod, pickups can stay for now but the bridges/saddles, electrics, control plates and tuners are all getting changed :)

Attached Files:

ChinaCatSunflower and FhPudd like this.
  20. optofonik

optofonik Squier-Nut

May 18, 2016
    Somewhere, Wonderful
    Go with rosewood. Anything with rosewood at this point will actually hold it's value. However, maple on a Tele just seems right (on any Fender, actually).

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    pixvaultsdm and RetiredNSquired like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice