*@^!!! brass Tele saddles

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by DUSTER, Feb 9, 2019.

1. archetype

archetype Squier-Nut

Oct 24, 2017
    Williamsville, NY USA
    You, I, and everyone are picky about something. :D Human nature.

My Strats work fine with all 6 screws at the same level, but yours might not. Set all the screws so that the bridge plate is 1/16" above, and parallel to, the body. Then, leaving the outer 2 screws as-is, unscrew the other screws by 3/4 turn. This setup works like a 2-post. Unless the screw holes in the body are overly worn, the 2 screws have no problem holding up under the string tension,

2. jvin248

jvin248 Squier-Meister

Jan 10, 2014
    Michigan

Acoustic guitar players are not so sensitively concerned about intonation because they rarely play above the 12th fret. That's where the 'cowboy chord' term came from -- everyone plays acoustic down by the nut.

On electrics, there are so many shredders interested in weedling down by the 24th fret that intonation becomes an issue.

Here's a hint... get a cheap set of brass saddles somewhere, string up and mark where your strings ride on the saddles, look at pictures of the compensated brass saddles, then use a hack saw to cut angled slots (you don't need wide flats) that match the compensated saddle pictures so the strings will leave the saddles at similar points. Then intonate your guitar. You'll spend about $5 and a few days shipping wait.

Pat V. likes this.
  3. DUSTER

DUSTER Squier-Meister

May 2, 2014
    Greensburg, Pa.
    I went and ordered a nice Gotoh brass bridge setup with saddles. In the near future when I toss the pups in I'll do the bridge too. Until then, it's fine

Pat V. likes this.
  4. Bluesnote

Bluesnote Squier-Meister

I notice you have the same SD on the bridge as my guitar has, I also put in the SD jazz on the neck, I was surprised to find that the jazz was way more powerful than the bridge one, even after bringing the bridge pup up high and the neck low.
    I'd have imagined there would be a lower output on the Jazz.
    Don't know about you but , I'm a bit disappointed with that Bridge one, think I should have gone for the quarter pounder.

5. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Squier-Meister

Apr 6, 2014
    Wokingham England
    I'm quite happy with the Lil '59 in the bridge, but the Dimarzio 36th Anniversary in the neck is the real star...I think I prefer it to the much more expensive Bare Knuckle Mules that I have in another guitar.