Blue on Black Lockup

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by rocknrguitars, Mar 25, 2020.

1. rocknrguitars

rocknrguitars Squier-Meister

Jun 4, 2017
    East Helena Montana
    What are you doing with your time?

I’m getting to projects I have not had the time to do. This was one. The CXS is in almost pristine condition. Sadly, I think it was given as a present, played a couple of times and spent the next 20 years in the closet. Sad… I Love the Blue on Black. Kind of a KWS vibe. Anyway, what I wanted to share on this guitar are the Gotoh, Cosmo Black, Magnum Lock-Trad Tuners. 16:1 and drop ins. They are staggered with solid String Poles. No wobbles and you stay in tune. In my humble opinion, a good tuner solves a lot of potential problems. These come in Chrome, Black and Cosmo Black. I like the Cosmo Black on a Black Guitar with Chrome Hardware. Blends the Chrome and Black nicely. Having fun in lockdown. M

Attached Files:

Brever, ElRey67, lost sailor and 14 others like this.
  2. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Crappie fishing is coming...
    Looks good. I am building RC cars and just ordered a RC flight simulator last night. I keep pretty busy in my shop.

mb doug, Bluzy, Eddie and 3 others like this.
  3. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Nice tuners on a nice guitar! I do like that blue pickguard on the black body. Not something I would have tried myself, but it worked out nice.

As far as projects for me, I have lots. But fortunately, I’m still working. So not as much time as others have right now.

4. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Looks awesome. I wanna come hang out in your shop. :)

5. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
  6. Oldguitarguy

Oldguitarguy Squier-Nut

Mar 2, 2019
    Nj
    Man I saw that guitar on EBay and was really tempted, but I have my own projects to finish. Really cool combination for both colors and pickups. That guitar is giving me some bad GAS! Nice work. Enjoying lockdown as well, even though I am still working from home during the days. Finally getting to projects at night that were sitting.

drewcp, Eddie, mb doug and 1 other person like this.
  7. lost sailor

lost sailor Squier-Meister

I'm done modding my stuff .......guess I'll just have to play them now.

ScoobySnacker, Oldguitarguy and Eddie like this.
  8. MyToyBrain

MyToyBrain Squier Talker

Mar 17, 2020
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Sexayyy!

Eddie likes this.
  9. Wound_Up

Wound_Up Squier Talker

Jan 28, 2020
    Shreveport, LA
    Nice! I've got a bridge for the blue one and some hb's to install in the black, but I don't have any plans to attack it any time soon. They both just got new strings and I hate wasting new strings so I'll wait until next time I change em to mod everything.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice