Blackstar HT5 210???? Anyone ever used one?

Discussion in 'Amp-a-ridifiers' started by squierTony, Aug 11, 2017 at 11:41 AM.

1. squierTony

squierTony Squier-holic

Jul 4, 2012
    seminole Oklahoma
    I might have a deal on one of these and have never seen or heard one live. Anyone have and personal experience with one? 00505_hci7TkzhlHV_600x450.jpg 00n0n_5oda37CsMUo_600x450.jpg All I know is they're 5 watts and have 2 10s. Are they good or crap or??????
    Any info would be appreciated.

Big tuna and grizmit like this.
  2. grizmit

grizmit Squier-Nut

Jan 25, 2015
    No experience with this particular combo - pretty sure that was a limited edition. But I have 3 Blackstar amps including the head only version of this HT-5. If you like Marshall crunch tone, these will get you there with no hearing loss and no fiddling. Fantastic for recording. Cleans are quite good, but not Fender good. My HT-5 head feeds a twin 12" Celestian V30 cab and sounds amazing to me. This cab won't push as much air, but Blackstar is solid and I bet the tone is there. YMMV.

3. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier Talker

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA

This is a pretty good review of that amp. I have been watching one on my local Craigslist. I want to pull the trigger so bad!

4. squierTony

squierTony Squier-holic

Jul 4, 2012
    seminole Oklahoma
    I'm really curious to how loud it is. 5 watts with 2 10s you'd think it was fairly loud.

5. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier Talker

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    I agree. That's one thing that is holding me back. I need a practice amp to play at home. I think this one might be too much for the basement.

6. squierTony

squierTony Squier-holic

Jul 4, 2012
    seminole Oklahoma
    I want something a little louder than my at home amp so this might work.

dbrian66 likes this.
  7. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier Talker

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    How much money is the one your looking at?

8. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier Talker

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    The one I'm looking at is asking $325.00. Might offer him $250 and see what happens:)

9. squierTony

squierTony Squier-holic

Jul 4, 2012
    seminole Oklahoma
    I've got trade bait this guy wants tho lol

dbrian66 likes this.
  10. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier Talker

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    It's always nice when you can trade.

I hope you get it. Then you can tell me if I should get it! LOL!

11. grizmit

grizmit Squier-Nut

Jan 25, 2015
    The 5W will be loud enough at full volume to hurt your ears in the house. Not quite loud enough to gig without PA assistance however. The nice thing is that the tube saturation sounds great at all volumes. I use mine in home rehearsal space along with acoustic drums and it is plenty loud enough to compete. I don't even play it at full volume on amp.

Again, I have 2x12s, but you can always add another cab. I used to use the mini stack speaker cabs that come with HT-5 head which were 2x10 - upgraded to 2 by 12s for fuller/better tone IMO, but not necessarily louder if that makes sense. Will you get a chance to play it before you make your deal?

12. squierTony

squierTony Squier-holic

Jul 4, 2012
    seminole Oklahoma
    Probably not because its,an hour from me. Seems like I'm an hour from everything lol

Big tuna and grizmit like this.
  13. Big tuna

Big tuna Squier-holic

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    I have played the HT 5 combo with 1 speaker cool amp imo. I think that 2-10 would sound real good hope you latch onto it.

14. jamndad

jamndad Squier-holic

Nov 23, 2013
    Bakersfield, Ca.
    I have the VHT Special 6 Ultra combo, hooked to the matching 1 x 12 ext. cab. 6 watts and 2 x 12's, at full power will get pretty loud.

dbrian66 likes this.