Black Bawl ???

Discussion in 'The Buzz Box' started by dbrian66, Mar 12, 2018.

1. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    IMG_2649.JPG IMG_2650.JPG IMG_2651.JPG I picked up this pedal at an auction today. It's a Snarling Dog Black Bawl wah pedal. I know nothing about it. It's in real good shape but I haven't had a chance to plug it in yet. I paid $10 for this pedal and an ART midi controller. I figured it was worth rolling the dice.

Anyone know anything about this pedal? Quick search didn't tell me much online. I see that they make a lot of different wah pedals. Not sure what the differences are.

2. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Info bump!

I still cannot find much info on these pedals. I don't think the make them any more. None for sale at musicians friend. Can't find a product website. Were they a stand alone company, or were they made by Boss or something like that?

I did power it up last night just to make sure it came on and it does. It's kind of cool, the LED indicator lights are in the eyes of the dog on the pedal. Hopefully I will get to play with it some tonight.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  3. vinbur

vinbur Squier-Meister

Sep 30, 2017
    nebraska
    If nothing else, it looks cool! If it doesn't work, you can rip off the foot plate, and put it on your gas pedal! Kind of RatFink style ( if you were into HotRod magazine) back in the day.

nitro, Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  4. -r3-

-r3- Squier-Meister

Jan 28, 2016
    dbrian66 likes this.
  5. -r3-

-r3- Squier-Meister

Jan 28, 2016
    Here's a link to a 59 sec vid if the designer talking about Snarling Dig pedals:

6. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
  7. IronSchef

IronSchef Squier-holic

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    Well, it sure LOOKS flipping cool!

I'm thinking this is a well spent 10 bux :)

8. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    I *think* I have a blurb about them in Vintage Guitar. I'll look tonight and see what it says.

But if you can't find anything online, well..

I hope it's super cool and works out for you though. Def like the style.

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  9. -r3-

-r3- Squier-Meister

Jan 28, 2016
    Here's the current website of your pedal's Creator: http://www.kennysegall.com
    And here's pic of him w Bootsy AND Buckethead ! He made a special pedal named after Bootsy! buckboot.jpg
    Takes a lotta Bawls to stand in front of Buckethead w a guitar strapped on ya!

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  10. grizmit

grizmit Squier-holic

Jan 25, 2015
    Cool pedal, I sort of remember those from some mag ads. I could never use it. I'm left-footed. :)

nitro, Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  11. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Thanks for the link. I will check that out tonight.

12. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    So there was a yellow version of the pedal pictured on the cover and in an article in a Vintage Guitar mag about "the most insane pedals ever". True to their writing expertise, there was nothing about it in the article, why it was insane, what it sounded like, etc.

I do remember thinking they were cool because of the surfer pedal. Always thought those were cool.

13. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    I played with it some last night. It was very noisy when plugged into an AC adapter. It said something about that in the owners manual that @-r3- posted on here earlier. With the battery it was quiet. That kind of stinks, because I hate using batteries. Other that that it worked ok. Nothing special I don't think. I'll mess with it more this weekend.

Kenneth Mountain and so1om like this.