Bitter Ex-bandmate

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Dr Improbable, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Squier-holic

Apr 4, 2015
    Wisconsin
    He just posted a Facebook post about a retirement party for a band I left 25 years ago. He went on about how I wasn't welcome, then posted "how does it feel?" (Obviously forgetting we are Facebook friends).

How does it feel? It's a relief actually. I wouldn't have gone if I was invited. His boozing and cocaine wore me out long before I left.

I feel bad for the guy. I can't believe he's holding grudges like that.

I wish him the best. He clearly needs some good luck sent his way.

Don't hold grudges folks. It's just ugly.

2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    Holding a grudge from 25 years ago? wow

3. Stratlover84

Stratlover84 Squier-Nut

Jun 16, 2016
    NY
    Worst of all, its petty stuff that grudges are all about.

Life's too short.

SquierTap, Best1989, Caddy and 3 others like this.
  4. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Squier-Meister

Feb 25, 2017
    Rhode Island USA
  5. Wizzer

Wizzer Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2010
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Good lord, 25 years? Life gets heavy when you carry around stuff for that long. I feel bad for that dude.

SquierTap, Caddy, mb doug and 2 others like this.
  6. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    His loss---Your gain...

7. Dr Improbable

Apr 4, 2015
    Wisconsin
    This was my last reply, time to "Unfriend" and go on being happy!

"I thought this was all done 20 years ago. I really hope you have a good time, you deserve it! I don't have any grudges Bryan, you're a great harp player and you really helped us all get a real blues scene going up here. Sorry to see you retire, you still got some tunes left in you! Sorry about the things that happened in the past. Take care!"

8. Gloveberg

Gloveberg Squier-holic

Aug 30, 2015
    West Texas
    Reason #496 why I don't have Facebook.....

9. I never have been involved in the Facebook. I was never that curious about what other people do, eat, or say.
    I sure as hell don't think anyone would be too interested in what I do either.

Ya, you have to forgive and forget or it will eat you up.
    Three months after my first wife left me for another guy, I sat down at Christmas dinner with them. It's called "movin' on"
    Cheers, Barrie.

10. LzeroKI

LzeroKI Squier-Meister

Jan 13, 2014
    North Carolina
    How is it that a person who is now seemingly a 13 year old dramaqueen was in a band with you 25 years ago?

We let go of a guy at work, mid-40's, decorated Marine. By the end of the day he's ranting on Facebook. A guy who is supposed to be a grown-adult and (I'd think by most people's judgement) a "man's man", acting like a 7th grader on the internet, absolutely ridiculous.

11. Dr Improbable

Apr 4, 2015
    Wisconsin
    I only put this in a reply so I could "like" it again. You're a class act Mr Norte!

SquierTap and JurnyWannaBe like this.
  12. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    I did hold a bit of grudge for decades, both the guitarist’s in my gigging band didn’t care for my Aria diamonds short scale bass... they liked the tone, just not the looks, or the big rhinestone in the Headstock. They even pried the stone out after a show, and blamed it on a fan (I found the stone in a garbage can by the stage).

I caved to the peer pressure, and traded it (stupid), because we were making good money, and I didn’t want to lose the extra income.

Weeks later, they took all the proceeds from a three-show weekend, and bought a new sound board... without asking me, and said they wanted no more party, or wedding gigs... and wanted to “make it” (which at the time meant playing the bar scene Thursday’s through Sundays for peanuts).
    I walked out that day, and only talked to them a few times since.
    Both guitarists have since passed, and the drummer and I have since made peace.

While I don’t regret leaving, I do regret throwing out the baby (the friendships) with the bandwater.

13. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
  14. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    To forgive is to simply set it down,
    let it go, and walk away.
    That is why it is divine, and you are the one who wins when you choose to forgive.

wonkenstein, JurnyWannaBe and mb doug like this.
  15. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    these types of things are examples of why I have been an "Anti-Facebookist" since its inception -- I even turned down a Friend invite FROM MY MOM!!!

Sad dude feels the need to openly publicly exclude you (you didnt want to go anyway) over something that happened 25 years ago

16. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    way to take the "high road" - love it!

17. mofojar

mofojar Squier-holic

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    I thought Facebook was a data-mining experiment when it came out (Let's see if everyone willingly puts all their personal information online!!) and never signed up for an account in the first place.

Now it's many years later and Facebook is ubiquitous. And I still don't have an account. But it's way more obvious nowadays that Facebook's business model is selling information about its users.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  18. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    It's a great app to find out who of your family and friends are racists, homophobic, hypocrites, etc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice