Big cup of coffee+spare parts=geetar

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by snivlem, Aug 9, 2018.

1. snivlem

snivlem Squier-holic

Jan 25, 2018
    FL
    I was sipping on my coffee this morning and cleaning up my desk, and while collecting some spare bridge saddles, I decided to put some of my junk together into a cigar box guitar. Didn't really plan it out- just started cutting, gluing and screwing, so it is quirky but it works pretty well. I put an old Lotus bridge pickup wired straight to the input jack, a Squier hardtail bridge and a cheap Chinese Strat neck on it. The action is really high but it is tuned to open G and sounds pretty neat with some fuzz and a slide. I was hoping that this would cure my GAS for the day but I happened to run across a VM SSH Tele that I couldn't resist. I've got the sickness. 1533844532638.jpg

mb doug, AllroyPA, daan and 5 others like this.
  2. Awesome !!! I swear I'm gonna get me one of them cigar box guitars one day.
    Great work on that and ya … pics of the Tele when you have her.

Cheers, Barrie.

mb doug and dbrian66 like this.
  3. RetiredNSquired

RetiredNSquired Squier-Nut

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    Does this make me an enabler?

mb doug, dbrian66 and snivlem like this.
  4. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    Nice, coffee makes all things possible! The VM ssh is on my radar, they are getting tough to find, congratulations.

mb doug likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice