BIAS FX Software

Discussion in 'Home Recording and Studios' started by TimTheViking, Feb 28, 2020.

1. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-holic

OK, first please excuse the total noob I am on this.
    As a "we're sorry" gift, Positive Grid has given it's Spark patient waiters a free copy of their BIAS FX 2 software. Cool! I've download and installed it on my Mac, but now what? I'm clueless on how to hook in guitar, amp, etc. so that I can begin using it. Can someone point me in the right direction as to what else I need and what I need to do? You can roll your eyes and laugh all you want as long as you point me in the right direction. You won't hurt my feelings.
    Thanks,
    Tim

2. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Crappie fishing is coming...
    Good luck Tim. When it comes to that stuff I'm more in the dark than anybody I think.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    TimTheViking likes this.
  3. RetiredNSquired

RetiredNSquired Squier-holic

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    As I understand, the Bias FX is a total amp sim, complete with cab Sims and effects. I think all you'd need would be a guitar cable with one end being a USB to plug into the computer, or an adapter frum USB to a 1/4 in jack.

TimTheViking likes this.
  4. Rodiebobw

Rodiebobw Squier-Nut

Jan 12, 2020
    Rockwall, Tx.
    If it is an amp sim you will still need an interface.. That spark of theirs would be it, or another... The Scarlett is another.. Yes you could get the usb cord...

If that is a vst patch, you would usually route through the software or through daw software by putting the .exe in a folder..

TimTheViking likes this.
  5. Rodiebobw

Rodiebobw Squier-Nut

Jan 12, 2020
    Rockwall, Tx.
    TIM ive been using one of those through a maudio Jamlab since 2005.. Very cool item you have there..

If im getting you right, you have ordered the spark and they sent you the software to make up for the delay of the amp..It has a direct interface with it...Wait for the spark..Lol.

TimTheViking likes this.
  6. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-holic

I found this video that at least lets me know where to get started. It is a bit old and he doesn't cover Mac, but I know I really need an audio interface between my guitar and MacBook. He also uses monitors rather than an amplifier. Does anyone know if the output of the MacBook can be connected to effects loop of say my MP15?

7. Tele-kitty

Tele-kitty Squier-Meister

Dec 12, 2016
    Florida
    No where pro level, I’ve only dabbled but I’ll try to help.
    I use a Fender slide I picked up on sale hee hee

You need a interface to connect to your MacBook( that would be the Spark, which you don’t have yet) unless you pick a Scarlet or irig or along those lines.
    You can use pretty much what you want for sound. I have used speakers, my amp and headphones. Setup depends on interface used usually. Mine for example- I can use the macs speakers built in ( although doesn’t sound great) or I can hook speakers/ amp up through interface or the Mac.

Garageband can also import other program sounds like bias 2 and use them also. Far left on screen is a little jack plug icon..if you tap it there are settings for Inter-app Audio and noise gate. ( I’m looking at my app version on my iPad and not Mac version at the moment. Husband has it using it atm so cant look lol ) But it’s similar.
    I recommend just hitting YouTube and some tutorials for bias and GarageBand. It should keep you busy until the Spark gets here. ;)

TimTheViking likes this.
  8. Jay Jackson

Jay Jackson Squier-Nut

Sep 1, 2018
    sanluisobispo CA (3401
    I understand that you can get the app for there new play along software for free the part of there program on the new spark amp where it will show you the cords in a song or that will show what chords you are playing app. but the down side is you need a Apple product to use it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice