Best noiseless pickup for SRV lead tones?

Discussion in 'Pickup Joint' started by Hotrod89, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Hotrod89

Hotrod89 Squier-Meister

Feb 21, 2015
    Alabama
    Wanting a fat, and round neck pickup sound. Kinda like SRV’s lead guitar overdriven tones. I’d like noiseless if I can get them like that.

If any of you could recommend me the best noiseless/Hum-cancelling pickups, that could give me an SRV, or Kenny Wayne Shepherd overdriven lead tone. Always liked SRV’s neck pickup tones on songs like Texas Flood, Tightrope, The Sky is Crying, Little Wing, Tin Pan Alley.

Kenneth Mountain and Mr Bones like this.
  2. Big tuna

Big tuna Squier-holic

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    I would check there gear and pu reviews to start fender noiseless are great pu's good start.

Hotrod89 and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  3. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Texas Specials will be closest probably
    for noiseless either Dimarzio Area 61 or Fender Hot Noiseless

Hotrod89 and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  4. Hotrod89

Hotrod89 Squier-Meister

Feb 21, 2015
    Alabama
    I’ve got the Hot Noiseless and don’t particularly care for them. They sound kinda sterile and harsh at times. At first I thought they sounded great.

What about the Classic Stack Plus?

5. Hotrod89

Hotrod89 Squier-Meister

Feb 21, 2015
    Alabama
    thank you

6. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    It's been a long time since I played a SD stack, and I never played the Plus, only the standard Classic Stack. From what I can recall I liked it, but no noiseless pickup is going to sound like a true single coil. Of all the ones that I've tried the Dimarzio Area 58 and 61 came the closest, with the 61 a little louder and brighter to my ears (kind of a cross between a Strat and a Tele), even though Dimarzio doesn't spec them as such. The Area 58 is the closest to a vintage Strat pickup to my ears, but is still not quite the same.

Hotrod89 likes this.
  7. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice