Best height of stool for guitar ?

Discussion in 'Home Recording and Studios' started by MuleFan, Oct 17, 2019.

1. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-holic

Guess you'd use that when playing a Mustang?

Davis Sharp likes this.
  2. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    23" swivel office chair. I took off the adjustable back rest and added a sheep skin. It's been in the painting studio for 25 years, has double duty.

Guitar chair.jpg

Mr Bones, Dave M and strat_strummer like this.
  3. MuleFan

MuleFan Squier-Meister

Jul 29, 2013
    Upstate New York USA
    Hey guys! Thanks for all the replies and advice! I think for now I will skip the 30” Fender stool. I really just saw it and the price as thought it would be cool for practicing. I do like some of the other option with back support, so maybe I’ll look in that direction instead.

thanks again for the help!

4. Tconroy

Tconroy Squier-Nut

Sep 11, 2015
    kansas city mo
    possibly cut the legs off to suit you. I have a stool and dont know what size it really is so now I have to measure it when I get home. I put both feet on the round part when I play. Must be 24" cause Im the same size as you. I have sat down to play for the last 3 years but have been standing for the last 6 month cause I tend to hunch over the guitar which causes my back to hurt due to poor posture. If you have back problems be careful sitting! Use proper posture.

5. Jay Jackson

Jay Jackson Squier-Nut

Sep 1, 2018
    sanluisobispo CA (3401
    you will want to use a stool that's not so high that you cant use pedals because you sit too high up, Unless you don't use pedals then not so high that your feet cant reach the floor.

duzie likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice