bass upright stand all the time ready to play

Discussion in 'The Squier Bass Place' started by houseguitarshop, Jul 30, 2010.

1. houseguitarshop

houseguitarshop Squier-holic

here is a stand I made for my bass, so I can leave my guitar strapped on while I play bass

Attached Files:

2. BillStickers

BillStickers Squier-holic

Mic stand, strap and a large modified coat hanger?

Mhm... COOL. I love these kind of kitbashed jobs of pure ingenuity and improvisation. Fun, idiosyncratic, humourous and best of all useful :D

3. houseguitarshop

mic stand, a strap, and a peice of wood,

I used a jig saw to cut the shape out, then just cut holes for the strap, I also added a pad so that the body isnt resting on the wood.

I cant take all the credit, I stole the idea from online

Attached Files:

4. Cherokee

Cherokee <i>formerly dannyvawn</i>

I have one of these somewhere for my ovations. Bought it in the early 90's from one of the guitar players in Skidrow. I never got used to it either. It didnt feel natural. About as natural as holding an ovation I guess.

5. houseguitarshop

I really dig mine,

I use looping software, and I program drum beats, so I can start a drum beat, lay down a quick bass line (with my guitar strapped up), then instantly start playing guitar to the rythm.

it works for me because it allows me to switch between bass and guitar instantly without having to take the guitar off, then put the bass on, then record, then take the bass off ,then put the guitar back on, then play.

this way, I can just reach over, record the bass loop, and play guitar instantly to the rythm

6. boytcam

boytcam Squier-Meister

7. Jumbosilverette

Jumbosilverette Squier Talker

Love the '51 P. I guess necessity really is the mother of invention. Good job.

8. houseguitarshop

thanks jumbo, I picked it up from craigslist it was listed at $225 I offered him $175 and he accepted, neck needs alittle truss adjust, and pickup height was to high so I lowered it, original owner also moved the thumb rest to the other side, I moved it back, but I assume there are two extra holes in the body now, but I dont really mind comsmetic stuff like that, I really like it, plays and sounds very good.

9. rompo420

rompo420 Dr. Squier

it also looks like you have a pretty great jam room going there buddy!!!

10. houseguitarshop

yeah, it kind of exploded this year,

for a few years I had it in my basement, but it was not the nices atmosphere, the plus side was the basement was huge enough for 2 full drum kits and plenty of amps, dis-advatage low ceilings and lots of tin duct work, water heaters, and washer and dyer noises, pluss foot fall from above.

when I moved to the upper floor in my house with an extra bedroom, its the first time I have had exceptional height for a ceiling in a music room. mine is about 9 ft, so I though It would be worth buying some bass traps and diffusion pannels, then I got lucky when a friend of mine who is a receptionist at a recording studio, hooked me up with a bunch of acoustic insulation pannels that they were getting rid of because they upgraded

then shortly after we moved we put in new flooring.

I feel I am very lucky to have this space, very nice to be in.

here some pictures of the floor project, the new studio pictures, and the old studio with the carpet, and the basement studio

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  11. Jumbosilverette

Jumbosilverette Squier Talker