At home luthier, recent Fender convert, completely addicted and craving more!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AliceUnchained, Sep 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-Nut

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    Welcome to the forum. Be careful, before you know it you'll be up to your elbows in guitars, it's addictive.

2. SoleilSF

SoleilSF Squier-Meister

Mar 1, 2019
    San Francisco
    Hello and welcome.

OK, I was just watching this from Guitar Max. Man can this guy play!!!

NO, this isn't about a Squier, which is what I play / learn on ... But he had some professional work done to it, thus in line with what you wrote, and it's learning a shred lick, so educational too.
    How's that for a semi-run-on sentence? :) :) :) :

--

squierbilly likes this.
  3. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    Welcome Alice!..
    looks like a guitar factory you've got going on there..
    nice job!.
    Wheres the charvel at?.. wondering about the guitar that started it all.. i dont know what the desolation model is but it sounds pointy.. :)

SoleilSF likes this.
  4. AliceUnchained

AliceUnchained Squier Talker

Aug 4, 2019
    Pacifica, Ca
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and compliments! Squierbilly, my Charvel was being lent out to the owner of the MIM Strat while I have his guitar. I don’t have any recent pics of it so I’ll try to get some posted for you. Actually just got it back yesterday because he’s pretty much in love with my MIK Squier II. I just got it back up and running with the new volume pot and output jack, so I let him switch it out. Also just put in graphtec saddles. They pure the tone out and looks freakin awesome with the red, black and chrome theme it’s got going on. It sounds dam goood in his hands, and he’d be the only person I’d be willing to sell it to once it’s done too. He’s actually doing me a favor taking it from me for the time being so I can concentrate on finishing the MIJ Strat pup install and clear way for the American Strat. It’s definitely pretty hard to get anything done with that around lol.

5. AliceUnchained

Aug 4, 2019
    Pacifica, Ca
    D5D3A4E3-01DC-4F94-8A06-FBC0B5C0F2B2.jpeg 05D85EE9-88A8-4C91-A77D-6299D725E7BC.jpeg
    Got around to taking a pic of the Charvel, right after I installed a flush mount strap lock at the bottom of the body. Didn’t think about how the top button sits on a very narrow surface...but I kinda dig how it looks a lot

6. mofojar

mofojar Squier-Nut

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    You should see mine from a few months ago. I wrote quite the book.

Welcome to the boards, AliceUnchained! You have come to the right place.

7. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    Cool lookin guitar,,
    i really dig the bullet emblem below the bridge,,
    Whats its story?..

8. Welcome to the ST crew.
    Cheers, Barrie.

9. Jim Belaye

Jim Belaye Squier-holic

Jul 25, 2015
    Montréal, Canada
    Hello and welcome to ST!

10. AliceUnchained

Aug 4, 2019
    Pacifica, Ca
    That’s Bullet Bill! From Super Mario. I was a huge Mario fan growing up in the Nintendo era. I had found it in storage and wanted to put it on something. When this guitar came around, I knew exactly what to do with it. It had some metal clips on the back of it that I had to grind off, as well as some of the back to sit properly on the guitar. Big glob if super glue, and it became one with the guitar. I think it was a belt buckle at one time possibly.

11. rorygman

rorygman Squier-Nut

May 9, 2017
    Barcelona
    Welcome to Squier-Talk, @AliceUnchained - good to have you on board. Thanks for the photos!
    Cheers, rorygman :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice