Argh!!! Where is my tele mr ups @#@hole man??

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by oneLOCOman, Oct 10, 2018.

1. oneLOCOman

oneLOCOman Squier Talker

Oct 2, 2018
    Missouri
    I got an email this morning, out for delivery by 1015-2:15 pm.. Its 3:20 and my tele aint here. GRRRRR!!!! I been setting here watching out the window forever...but I am practicing. The ups delivery center in town here is 4 blocks from my house, he should come by here first, but no, I bet I am gonna be last delivery of the day, and he better not chunk that box on my porch I am watching..

2. IronSchef

IronSchef Squier-holic

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    went through the SAME flipping thing last Friday - I am one who is hoping yours DOES get there today!

3. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    The watched pot never boils..

4. squierjosh

squierjosh Squier-holic

Apr 9, 2010
    MN
    It doesn't work like that. They drive out and back toward UPS so they don't end their day way out there.

5. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Squier-holic

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    No it doesn't. But the owner gets busted when he comes by to harvest it.

spellcaster and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  6. whaynes3

whaynes3 Squier-Nut

Apr 3, 2011
    Port Charlotte Fl
    Yeah man that’s just how it works..,

Kenneth Mountain and SquierTap like this.
  7. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-Nut

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    I find on delivery day it’s best to be very busy with other things, then it seems they show up right one time.

8. Ace38

Ace38 Squier-Nut

Jul 19, 2016
    Tulsa, OK.
    I have a friend who owns a small specialty retail store here in town. UPS runs at my house between 5-7PM. UPS runs at his store between 12-2PM. I have my guitars sent there.

kuvash, Bailey1214, optofonik and 3 others like this.
  9. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-Nut

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    This very good advise. "Take it"!!!

10. oneLOCOman

oneLOCOman Squier Talker

Oct 2, 2018
    Missouri
    I got it. I didn't notice a new email I got around 8:30 am, man I get so many emails, anyways it had a little app you clicked on and it showed ya where the driver was, yeah since I am so close to ups I am the last drop off.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  11. DougMen

DougMen Squier-Nut

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    You all need to learn patience. It's a virtue that adults exhibit as a good example to spoiled children. It's not good when the adults act like the spoiled children.
    If I'm expecting a delivery today, and it doesn't come today, I may be a little disappointed, but I don't get all outraged and let it ruin my day. I'll still be here tomorrow when it does come. When you've been diagnosed with a life threatening disease like cancer it helps to put things in perspective, and you don't sweat the small stuff that doesn't really matter. You leave your worrying for the really important things that do matter.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Gip111, Caddy and squierjosh like this.
  12. nicod98

nicod98 Squier-Nut

Jul 9, 2014
    Belgium
    Spoiler: SARCASM!

Who said we were all adults here? I promised my wife I'd never grow into an adult... at 45 I think I'm succeeding in letting my puberty transform seamlessly into a midlife crisis. The midlife crisis has some advantages, like it allows for GAS since I earn the money for it myself, and don't have to ask my parents. The puberty part allows me to buy those guitars NOW and not when the next paycheck comes in.
    I just explained why it WAS a good thing. Could you explain why this would be a bad thing?

There are apparently 2 ways of dealing with life:
    1) stay a kid forever and wanting it all now! NOW! NOW! NOW!
    2) become an adult and do the responsible thing

Somehow I can see how the first option is more appealing!

13. I don't have that issue … I never buy thru a source where my hands can't touch the guitar first.
    At least that's been my experience thus far in life.

Cheers, Barrie.

Kenneth Mountain and Bailey1214 like this.
  14. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Squier-holic

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    And if you're even more impatient, Amazon will deliver to your car trunk - if you have the right make/model and they can access your remote control frequency. Later, their delivery drones might drop the guitar through your sun roof as you drive around.

15. oneLOCOman

oneLOCOman Squier Talker

Oct 2, 2018
    Missouri
    No the reason I get a little mental is I have had stuff dropped of at the wrong house, no big deal since they scan it and the gps coordinates show where it was dropped off but I have had stuff stolen off my porch, not here but when I was in Nevada. I got a replacement but it took awhile. Now though with that app its cool you can see where the ups truck is.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.