Anyone interested in sending a box of goodies around?

Discussion in 'FREE to a good home!' started by Ken Rose, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    **Update: We will keep the participant list open until Monday. It is adding up, Get in on the fun!**

Back in the HC days we used to send a box of guitar goodies around to those that wanted to participate.

We would start with a list of those who wanted to partake in the fun of sending the box from person to person.

One person starts the trip by adding gear related things in the box such as books, pedals, picks, strings, hardware, etc... Inside the box will also be the list of folks in the order of where the box goes next. The next person in line will be sent the box of goodies from the previous person. The box will then be sent back to the original sender eventually.

FUN!!!!

When you receive the box you can take from it whatever you want and replace what you took with something else preferably similar in quality or cost.

We would write on the paper in the box with names and addresses on it, what we took and what we put in.

For example, If I started the box, maybe I put in some pickups, a Fulltone Fulldrive, some strings, a guitar history or repair book, a strap, and so on just to get it going...

I would send the box out to next in line. Said person, lets say, takes the history book and the pedal, and replaces the pedal with some other pedal and and some tubes, or whatever... Then the box goes on its journey.

After a month or so the box makes its journey back to the origin with new things in it... (or the same things!)

We would usually use the $11 USPS box that had the 70lb weight that way, the shipping costs cant get out of hand.

What do you think?

I can start the box, and if you reply you're in, we can compile the list and have some fun.

EDIT:
    Alright fellas. The official Box O' Goodies list is done.

Here is the list of everyone who wanted in and Pm'd their address.

1. Ken Rose
    2. Big Tuna
    3. Strato67
    4. LilBlackDuck
    5. SquierTony
    6. Ghostlyone
    7. vlxerdon
    8. otma
    9. jeffam
    10. Hammer 4
    11. Acidhouse
    12. wickedtools
    13. Gloveberg
    14. jackdragbean
    15. rolloman
    16. pkevinb
    17. Brettdvd
    18. Paully
    19. mtjo62
    20. Papa Joe
    21. roscoestring
    22. instagvl
    23. Ken Rose

I will get the box out with some things to get the party started. So how about a few guidelines to generally follow.

~Please post that you received the box or that the box is leaving for the next in line. A heads up for the next person would be good.

~No need to tell anyone what is in the box. That way it's like Christmas!!!! If you want to share what you grabbed in the forum, go for it. I'm sure we will be curious!

~Take what you want, and replace with what you can. It doesn't need to be a 1 for 1 swap.

~Please be fair and try to replace item(s) with something that would be a worthy replacement.

~The address list will be inside the box, Please add to that paper what you took and what you put in.

~Feel free to replace the box if it's deteriorating.

~Try to keep the box for no more than a few days so no one forgets and keeps the ball moving.

EDIT EDIT: Shipping is cheaper when you print it from USPS wesbite. usps.com

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  2. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    If folks want to do this, lets PM me names and addresses, and we will post the list of folks in order in this thread. Feel free to show off the goodies in the box and let everyone know when its back on the journey.

Big tuna likes this.
  3. Big tuna

Big tuna Squier-holic

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    If the Fulltone works and you ship the box to me first i think its a great idea!:D I had to edit this in good conscience i will add a Boss Blues driver that works! lol

Ken Rose likes this.
  4. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    Big Tuna is in... If you want the box first thats fine. We can send the box in order of when some replies they are in.

5. Strato67

Strato67 Squier-holic

Jun 17, 2013
    Texas
    My ole Fulltone whored out...lol...oh well it ain't all that....I settled on a Sweet Baby for 30 bucks.

jeepster61605 likes this.
  6. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    I said for example...but we'll see!!!

Gem23 likes this.
  7. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
  8. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    LilBlackDuck is in

9. Strato67

Strato67 Squier-holic

Jun 17, 2013
    Texas
    Sure....fixing to throw down....we got a nice crowd.

Big tuna and Ken Rose like this.
  10. lilblackduck

lilblackduck Squier-holic

Dec 17, 2011
    Hernando,Ms
    You beat me to it.

Ken Rose likes this.
  11. squierTony

squierTony Squier-holic

Jul 4, 2012
    seminole Oklahoma
    I'm in. Don't have a lot of gear but can definitely contribute.

12. Ghostlyone

Ghostlyone Squier-Nut

Dec 21, 2015
    New Hampshire, USA
    I'm in as well. Likewise, I don't have a lot of gear, but would love to get involved and be a part of the community.

13. vlxerdon

vlxerdon Squier-Nut

Dec 31, 2014
    Coastal Georgia
    I'm in with whatever I can contribute. :)

JD

Ken Rose likes this.
  14. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    Its all good.. its all about the fun too.. If everyone can PM me your addresses I will start the list.

15. Bear

Bear Squier-holic

Oct 29, 2013
    Kentucky
    I don't have anything of value to throw in the box.

16. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    It's ok Bear do you have a pedal or book or something like that? Strings.... Picks..pick guard... I think it needs to go through your hands to keep the mojo going.i don't care if you don't add anything....

17. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    Example for everybody...

Picks. Pickguard. Guitar strap. Lesson book. Power supply or wall wart. Music. Pedals. Pickups. Strings. Software.knobs. switches. Cable or patch cables. Microphone. Hardware. Tubes. bridges. Tuners. Nuts.

Whatever you can think of.

18. lilblackduck

lilblackduck Squier-holic

Dec 17, 2011
    Hernando,Ms

Same here!! Just make sure it goes to He and Papa before it comes here!!

Ken Rose likes this.
  19. otma

otma Squier-Nut

Nov 4, 2012
    Owen, Wisconsin
    I'd be interested :)

Ken Rose likes this.