Anyone had issues with Fender?

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by chefjeff, Oct 8, 2019.

1. chefjeff

chefjeff Squier Talker

Sep 4, 2019
    California
    Customer service suck these days. I ordered an Affinity Tele over a week ago. Finally got a response that it was being delivered last Friday. Never showed. Fedex only shows "Label created". This was a birthday present, that is now late.

After calling and emailing Fender, no one has any idea where the order is. The "representative" keeps telling me he sent the 1 email to the warehouse, but has not heard back. Never bothered to call, just the one email 48 hours ago.

Other emails to different "customer service" departments are still not responded to.

So just to let you all know, it may be a train wreck if you order from Fender. Then again, it may just be bad luck. Either way, the customer service is not so bueno at the moment.

Just wanted to let you folks know in case you are ordering for a specific date.

Thanks

Jeff

2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    Never order from Fender direct - I've heard of nothing but problems....I'd use Sweetwater or MusiciansFriend

That REALLY sucks they blew it on the birthday gift.....

3. chefjeff

chefjeff Squier Talker

Sep 4, 2019
    California
    Thanks. Just hope no one else gets "the treatment" from Fender sales.

4. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    I wasn't even aware of direct from Fender..

5. duggerh

duggerh Squier-Meister

Jun 1, 2018
    Pacific Northwest
    That really sucks man.
    Please let us know of you ever receive it.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  6. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    I've never ordered from Fender before. Always ordered from GC, Sam Ash, zZounds and Sweetwater. Sucks that you are getting bad service.

7. Guitar Cat

Guitar Cat Squier-Meister

Jul 29, 2018
    Spring Lake Hts, NJ
    Lack of response to your request is no big deal to them. What are you going to do, complain to the company. They ARE the company! I hope you get this ironed out Jeff!

8. Chubbles

Chubbles Squier-Meister

Mar 6, 2018
    Philadelphia PA
    In this day and age, what company does have excellent customer service anymore? It's slowly becoming a thing of the past. Greed seems more important than a good reputation.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019 at 9:10 AM
    duggerh and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  9. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    A missing birthday present is really no good. I understand your frustration.

New is a far and few between for me, but I always order real new from MF or Amazon (when they decide to be in stock)

Agreed and so sadly true.

For PREMIUM customer service

Rose pickups https://www.rosepickups.com/ :
    on Ebay:
    friendstore1682010 http://www.ebaystores.com/Friendstore1682010?_rdc=1 (Chinese - kinda slow but they make it right every time) ,

torchforest1996_2 https://www.ebay.com/str/torchforest1996-2?_trksid=p2047675.l2563 (Chinese with some U. S. warehousing, slow but good customer svc)

And it kind of goes without saying but Ken Mart, Mr.Yeats mart, Snivlin Mart, Eddie mart, and a whole host of others. If you're unsure ask.

mb doug, Rat cam 68, Eddie and 2 others like this.
  10. BuddyLee

BuddyLee Squier-Meister

Aug 30, 2019
    Liberty SC
    I have heard terrible things about Fender. The local Draisen Edwards was recently bought out by GC. Last time I was in there the owner was talking about how Fender was demanding that he increase his volume of their products. He had to commit to buying more. This was about 5 years ago. He dropped Fender after that. It isn't GC now, but some subsidiary music store the corporation owns, and they don't buy or sell used gear anymore. So now GC Greenville is pretty much the only real music store around. The mom and pops have limited selections and are pretty overpriced and terrible.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019 at 4:26 AM
    duggerh likes this.
  11. Chubbles

Chubbles Squier-Meister

Mar 6, 2018
    Philadelphia PA
    I live in Philadelphia Pa. Most of our great mom and pop stores are gone. They had the most unique stock. I miss them: Zaph's, Centioli's, Jerry's Drum and Guitar. The list goes on.

duggerh and Rat cam 68 like this.
  12. BuddyLee

BuddyLee Squier-Meister

Aug 30, 2019
    Liberty SC
    I was talking to my uncle, a bassist, over the phone after I picked up my Squier Telecaster Bass Special. He mentioned that Guitar Showcase in San Jose was closing soon. The owner is getting old and the property is worth something like $4 million dollars, so he has decided to sell out.

It is a real shame, because Showcase was probably the best music store in the Bay Area. Now that leaves the South Bay with Starving Musician and that's about it for independent music shops that don't suck. :(

duggerh and Rat cam 68 like this.
  13. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    I have used Fender customer service for a warranty and they were exceptional.

Sweetwater, HARD PASS, I have nothing but hassles.

Musicians Friend and Guitar Center, Love it! Never a problem.

Jim Belaye and duggerh like this.
  14. Jim Belaye

Jim Belaye Squier-holic

Jul 25, 2015
    Montréal, Canada
    I never bought directly from Fender. Every time I wrote to them with a question/problem, I got an answer/solution within 48 hrs.

duggerh likes this.
  15. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    This has been my experience as well.
    But that does not excuse your situation.
    Unless it was a rare model, or an incredible deal, cancel the order, and purchase elsewhere.

duggerh likes this.
  16. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    I have also never bought directly from Fender. I wonder why they would add the retail overhead to their manufacturing company. When it arrives (if?), let us know if it was shipped from Fender or from somewhere else (Kansas City?). The Fender page might be a pass through to a retailer, like some sales on Amazon and Walmart.com. Best wishes on getting it soon.

duggerh likes this.
  17. Jim Belaye

Jim Belaye Squier-holic

Jul 25, 2015
    Montréal, Canada
    ?!? I don't understand, I'm not the one who bought a guitar from the Fender website.

duggerh likes this.
  18. Brocephus

Brocephus Squier-Meister

Jul 3, 2017
    Georgia
    That's cuz it apparently doesn't actually exist ! :D

drewcp and duggerh like this.
  19. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    Sorry, Jim
    I was just agreeing with your experience with Fender customer service and added my opinion to the OP. Whoops!

Jim Belaye, Brocephus and duggerh like this.
  20. Jim Belaye

Jim Belaye Squier-holic

Jul 25, 2015
    Montréal, Canada
    That's what I thought. :)

duggerh likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice