Anyone Ever Try One of these TV Yellow...

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by duceditor, Aug 8, 2017.

1. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    Well its been a while since we had an entire thread devoted to 'em. You know the ones, don't you guys? Two P90s in a yellow plain-vanilla wrapper.

I laugh, and hope others will too, but this thread is under the irony seriously serious. I picked up Ol' Yella today for the first plugged in session on her in a bit. (Been playing the Jazzy mostly) And you know what? She absolutely blew me away. Again.

Like any super loved guitar its not a single thing, but a bunch of them that mesh just perfectly. On Ol' Yella that's the neck -- just perfect in shape, feel and finish. The body which places both hands in what is to me the perfect playing position. Oh, and it's light, light, light.

Yeah, plus that tone. Pure vintage P90. As unique and flavorful as a Tele. Truly, like that iconic guitar, one of a kind.

Anyone else discovered these wicked Yellow devils?

:D

-don

DaveDrums, mb doug, Luvs2yoko and 4 others like this.
  2. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    I had one once and loved it. The bridge studs pulled so far forward I returned it. I think I need to try one of these again.

theflow and nobucks like this.
  3. jimbojo

jimbojo Squier-holic

Jun 30, 2010
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Where is the pic?

4. jamndad

jamndad Squier-holic

Nov 23, 2013
    Bakersfield, Ca.
    I seriously contemplated one. They were still a ways out from MF, so I went the Rondo route
    and bought the lovely, AD-201 with the P90's. I may revisit the TV Yellow, someday. Very pleased with the Agile, though.

theflow and nobucks like this.
  5. Caddy

Caddy Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2010
    Indiana
    Don, you know I love mine! Matter of fact, have it out now and have been playing it all afternoon. Fun guitar and easy to really like.

6. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    I had the Custom II..Loved the way it sounded and played..Hated the yellow color..Within 2 or 3 days after selling it I had huge regrets..

7. SoundDesign

SoundDesign Squier-Nut

I think guitars and guitar players are just a weird bunch...

8. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    I've been found out..:p

theflow, squierplayer and grizmit like this.
  9. grizmit

grizmit Squier-Nut

Jan 25, 2015
    I'm with ya Don! But I'm done reading about 'em. Let's hear 'em! Or at least see 'em :)

FullSizeRender.jpg

10. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-Meister

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    DaveDrums, mb doug, Caddy and 6 others like this.
  11. Big tuna

Big tuna Squier-holic

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    Those are a thing of beauty,cool guitars!

theflow, grizmit and nobucks like this.
  12. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    I'm actually hoping to make a new vid of a song played on 'Ol Yella soon, but for now, here's one from a few months back...

-don

theflow, DaveDrums, mb doug and 4 others like this.
  13. howserx

howserx Squier Talker

Apr 20, 2017
    Winnipeg, Canada
    I also want to get one, but like you I'm not a fan of the colour. Like the squier tele's, I wish they'd offer more than 3 colour choices...

theflow likes this.
  14. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    They had one in black but it had humbuckers in it, not the P90s..
    It was the P90s that I was wanting..
    I really liked the controls layout and the neck was one of the best feeling that I ever had..
    If I ever get another I'll keep it and play it in the dark..lol..

theflow, duceditor and howserx like this.
  15. Kerry Brown

Kerry Brown Squier-Meister

Mar 6, 2014
    Squamish
    I prefer this style. Bought it used. It arrived in a Fender box.

[​IMG]

theflow, Robb, squierTony and 10 others like this.
  16. nobucks

nobucks Squier-Meister

Mar 9, 2017
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm partial to the worn black Special I P90, which is probably because I have one. But there is something about that TV yellow...

IMG_4106.jpg

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    theflow, DaveDrums, mb doug and 3 others like this.
  17. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Squier-Meister

Not a lot of love for the yellow, but the P90s are a saving grace. I modified mine so that it had individual volume controls for each pickup and a master tone, eliminating the 3 position switch. I always found more useful tones by balancing the pickups against each other.

theflow and Dan Sotelo like this.
  18. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    I did that on a Tele once..Except I used 2 tone controls..Made a plate with 4 knobs on it..I could blend in some nice sounds with that setup..

theflow likes this.
  19. platefire

platefire Squier-Nut

Sep 14, 2016
    North Louisiana
    I was just thinking lately, "Wow"! Nobody is talking about Special l TV-Yellow. Has the fire gone out? Well I see it Hasn't!

I got to missing mine the other night. So I got it out along with my Crate Practice amp, the only solid state amp I got---just very convenient. I tell you it sounded great even over that.

Never thought I would like TV-Yellow but in the last year I totally changed my mind especially for this model---it just seems to fit this one.

I can't ever imagine parting with mine. Platefire

theflow, DaveDrums and nobucks like this.
  20. Caddy

Caddy Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2010
    Indiana
    I had picked a worn black one with P-90's like new at a pawn shop a few years before I got my new TV yellow about a year ago. The black one had rarely been played while I had it only because I really don't care for black guitars (or cars or clothes for that matter).

It had been my first P-90 guitar. Sold the black one at the neighbors yard sale a couple months ago. Love the yellow one.

theflow, nobucks and duceditor like this.