Anybody else having issues with receiving guitars??

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by squier-esquire, Mar 15, 2019.

1. squier-esquire

squier-esquire Squier-holic

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Did a cross country trade and USPS still hasn’t delivered!

It was supposed to be in Phoenix on Wednesday. All the update says is “In-transit, arriving late” and no updated city scans since it left Florida...

I am so frustrated with USPS and this isn’t the first time I’ve had issues with them out this particular location.

@Wizzer does your stuff come from the Greeway hub?

2. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Cyclone Bomb is probably holding up trucks at the moment.

3. Big tuna

Big tuna Squier-holic

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    So many people use standard shipping due to cost is the reason i think. I bought a guitar in Joplin Mo. and it took 7 days to get to Knoxville. It went way up north then back down to Atlanta it was crazy when it even showed up in tracking. 3 day priority is best but cost wise weighs in i guess.

4. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    I have no trouble receiving guitars. PM me and I'll give you my mailing address.

5. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    Don't lose hope!, maybe it will show up damaged as a reward for your patients.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  6. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I found your guitar. It was shipped to me by accident.

53625545_10157145682349626_516589170190188544_n.jpg 53183605_10157145682274626_4200974560952057856_n.jpg

7. Stratlover84

Stratlover84 Squier-Nut

Jun 16, 2016
    NY
    Kenneth Mountain and Eddie like this.
  8. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Not mine. Someone from the Harley Benton forum.

9. squier-esquire

May 27, 2012
    USA
    I really hope it doesn’t show up damaged... that would really be no good.

I bought a 1954 ES-125 last year that must’ve had something large and heavy dropped on it. The original case was cracked down the middle and the guitar itself was crushed.

That was a nightmare because it was a vintage guitar. The insurance on the guitar covered it but took forever to get processed.

10. squier-esquire

May 27, 2012
    USA
    0884FD18-E0CC-433B-AFFF-AF356537C5B1.jpeg

11. fuelish

fuelish Squier-Nut

Wow.....I'd be super pissed …. things may not always arrive in a timely manner to me, but most have, and I have to say that I've been very lucky, have never ordered anything that arrived damaged/dead on arrival.....well, other than an Epi VJr, which was ordered that way....got a great deal on a new head and cab, only thing needed was to scuff/sand off the "varnish" that was on the contacts inside the internal fuse holder....had read of this problem beforehand, took the chance, and it worked. Bought as new from an online music store, with the factory warranty, for dirt cheap. But I digress ….. I'm actually quite impressed with the package delivery system here in the US, it's pretty amazing, I mean, there're folks working/driving around the clock to get stuff from there to here.

Kenneth Mountain and Eddie like this.
  12. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I agree. Always perfect.

The picture of the broken box is what worries me about buying from Thomann in Germany.

13. squier-esquire

May 27, 2012
    USA
    So since I have no idea where this package is, I tried to call USPS.

5E1A7935-AC0D-45F9-8CB6-9E90717B1B94.jpeg

First tried the automated system. It regurgitated the same thing as before; it’s in transit arriving late.

So I tried to get a live person on the phone... 30-45 minute wait or USPS can call you when it’s convenient... for them.

51D4E98D-F957-4385-B3B0-96773C6A9CAC.gif

14. squier-esquire

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Consumer Affairs has them listed at 1.9 stars...
    The Better Business Bureau wont let you file a complaint against them...
    The Attorney General won’t either...

Kenneth Mountain and ElRey67 like this.
  15. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    This happened to me also. Guitar literally disappeared off the map for a few days with the comment that it'll arrive later than expected.

But then, before you know it, it was delivered. All's well that ends well. :)

16. squier-esquire

May 27, 2012
    USA
  17. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Here's your package:

18. squier-esquire

May 27, 2012
    USA
    It wouldn’t have been an issue with the exception that it became a gift to a close friend. I originally traded with the intent on keeping it. Unbeknownst to my friend, I had a Duo-Sonic coming. I had asked him about a guitar he worked his ass off for and scraped together the money to buy over a year. He said he had to sell it because of medical issues. I remember when he and I met, he had a Cobain-esque offset guitar he had regretted selling some 10-12 years ago. I just wanted the guy to be able to play. I could never afford to replace the one he just sold, but this seemed like a good idea as he’s helped me out before.

This is more than “woe me” considering I would only have the guitar for a quick play and set up, then pass it along.

Hence my deep seeded frustration.

mbroadus, Kenneth Mountain and Eddie like this.
  19. mitch_cumsteen

mitch_cumsteen Squier-Meister

Jun 25, 2018
    Planet, Idaho
    Judging by his name, I think he's a lawyer and not a doctor.

Caddy and drewcp like this.
  20. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I'm sure it'll show up. It's in the middle of the twilight zone at the moment. I'll pop up before you know it. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice