Anybody dealt with Goodwill south Florida?

Discussion in 'Pak Rats Nest' started by DoctorBB, Sep 9, 2019.

1. DoctorBB

DoctorBB Squier-Nut

Mar 2, 2016
    Beaumont, TX
    I won an amp a couple weeks ago from ShopGoodwill of south Florida. I paid that evening and got a confirmation but it still hasn’t shipped yet. I’ve sent messages asking if the hurricane was an issue and haven’t heard anything back. Anybody else bought from them lately?

2. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    Yikes! good luck, hope you get it. I bet things are a little turned around down there. On top of that, some of the GW's are rally slow to ship.

Sooo what kind of amp?

JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  3. RiverDog

RiverDog Squier Talker

Dec 21, 2009
    St. Augustine, FL
    I've noticed some GW locations don't respond to emails and have had better results calling.

JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  4. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    I've bought from them in the past. Like most SGW, very slow to ship. Likewise, like most SGW wrapped and packed to withstand direct bomb hits. Never had any issue.

A thought: Although the individual SGW stores are independent, there is a master email on the front page. You might contact them to see if the South Florida store sustained serious hurricane damage.

Good luck!

MrYeats and drewcp like this.
  5. pflug

pflug Squier-Meister

Oct 11, 2013
    Michigan
    I've had several other Goodwills where I've had no response on a paid item for as long as a couple weeks- I've always sent a message through the site ("Ask Seller a Question" I think?) asking if there are any updates on this order and every time, even if I get no direct response, I get notice of shipment within a day or so

6. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Padre Island
    They have 5 business days to ship is their rule of thumb. It is common. I buy a lot of guitars from them. They do pack well, even overpack in most cases. I usually get the cost of shipping back in the form of bubble wrap or some other packing material.

Davey likes this.
  7. WNCStratman

WNCStratman Squier-Meister

Aug 21, 2019
    North Carolina
    Hope you have better luck than me. I paid as soon as I won the auction. Took them 7 days to ship it and when I got the guitar today, the body was cracked at the bridge. First and last time I will ever use their auction site.

MrYeats likes this.
  8. JoeInMichigan

JoeInMichigan Squier-Meister

Jun 10, 2018
    Michigan
    I've bought a few guitars from sgw , I had shipments time as long as 17 days once from port Huron mi. (50+/- miles away)and as fast as 4 days from Santa Ana ca.(2000 +/- miles away)emails responses were very few and far between.I try to do pickup from my areas now. Hope yours gets to you soon.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    MrYeats likes this.
  9. DoctorBB

DoctorBB Squier-Nut

Mar 2, 2016
    Beaumont, TX
    4 emails and 1 call later it’s still not shipped. Paid for on September 1st. Glad it’s just an amp I’m going to flip (fender 15G). Will be the 3rd one I’ve bought from SGW and flipped. Average price with shipping has been around $25 and I’ve sold the others for $35 and $40. Wife thinks I’m crazy for going through all the trouble for a $10 flip.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice