Any help with this Grover tuner issue?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by wes0121, Jul 12, 2018.

1. wes0121

wes0121 Squier-Meister

Sep 19, 2016
    USA
    Hello All!

The little white plastic thing is gone and the tuner is not turning 20180712_110408.jpg properly or holding tune. It the G-string top right tuner.
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to repair this type of tuner issue or maybe has a spare one laying around they would be willing to mail me?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-Meister

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    Any small washer you can find should work

wes0121 likes this.
  3. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
  4. daan

daan Squier-holic

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities
    wes0121 likes this.
  5. F Luthier

F Luthier Squier Talker

Jul 6, 2018
    Brazil
    @wes0121. Well if the problem is just the washer, you could make one, you just have to follow these steps:
    1st: Take a little and thin piece of plastic and drill a drill of the same size of the hole of the washer.
    2nd: Cut the plastic around the hole, first you will cut a little bigger than the final size.
    3rd: Sand the plastic untill it's as thick as the washer.
    4rd: Cut it as close to the size of the washer as you can and then go sanding around it untill **** the same size of the washer.

If the problem is not just the washer tell me and i will help you with it, as there may be a solution, because sealed tuners can be opened(without you having to cut it open), yes believe me it can be opened as i just opened a sealed tuner today to press the screw of the gear that was loose and i did managed to fix it, so pretty often is fixable. Just don't try to open without that being the problem or without the gear being really loose as you could damage the tunner trying to open it, though when the gear is really loose it's easier to open and it's also less prone for the tuner to be damaged on the opening process.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    wes0121 likes this.