Another Super Buy -- on a Red Truck

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by duceditor, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    I'm pulling for you.Almost pulled the trigger,but chickened out.

2. duceditor

duceditor Squier-Axpert

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    I went back and forth myself several times. ;)

"If it's too good to be true it's not."

"Yeah, but the price isn't THAT low, so maybe..."

"Hell! They ain't stupid! That's how they're counting on you to think."

"Yeah. You're right. Why should I be stupid!"

"Oh, what the hell. It's PayPal, so..."

Sound of keyboard.

:D

-don

mb doug, dbrian66 and fadetoz like this.
  3. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Squier-Meister

Sep 6, 2014
    Va
    Well, we're in this together...

4. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    Take my money!!!
    Click , print order details...

mb doug, dbrian66 and duceditor like this.
  5. duceditor

duceditor Squier-Axpert

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    And just a bit ago...

2020-01-14 07:51 U.S., Arrival at The U.S. Secondary Processing Center

-don

mb doug, Mr Bones, dbrian66 and 3 others like this.
  6. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

And then on its way to the tertiary and quaternary processing centers.

mb doug, dbrian66, drewcp and 3 others like this.
  7. duzie

duzie Squier-Meister

Jul 8, 2017
    Nw New Jersey
    Curious minds want to know :)
    Any update on delivery yet @duceditor ?

mb doug and dbrian66 like this.
  8. 808guitar

808guitar Squier Talker

Apr 23, 2018
    Hawaii
    I said "what the hell" and ordered one too. Usually the outright scam sites say "pay with paypal" but then they want your credit card, and then they have your credit card info. With this one it said Paypal so I went for it, knowing I could dispute it easily with Paypal.
    Ordered 25th, shipped 27th, on the 7th it made it to US but tracking info hasn't changed since then. Not sure if that means it is stuck at customs, or if the tracking number is only international and there's a second USPS tracking number I'm not aware of.

I wrote the company and asked, email bounced back undeliverable, so I opened a Paypal case, the Chinese company has 10 days to respond or Paypal will just refund. Will see what happens.

9. duceditor

duceditor Squier-Axpert

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    Then I suspect mine will go the same way. Same scenario.

I, too, will file a claim. :(

-don

mb doug, dbrian66 and duzie like this.
  10. backporchmusic

Sep 6, 2014
    Va
    I did have an issue buying some CV neck screws on Reverb. Same thing--when it got to US, disappeared. I waited a month after ordering, and was told wait wait wait by the seller.

Then suddenly, they showed up. They were probably in the US for a solid two weeks before they got to me, but they did arrive.

11. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

Maybe not "stuck", but maybe a backlog of imported goods causing a delay. 10 days is not so long that I'd assume the worst. As long you're not pushing the PayPal time limit, it seems patience might be in order.

12. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

I've had that happen too. I think one order took a full month to get to me. Usually it's much faster, but not always.

13. duceditor

duceditor Squier-Axpert

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    "Something" made it into the country. -That was on the independent tracking site. So who knows.

In any case PayPal is doing their part -- contacting the seller. If it shows then there is a single button I just need to push that says it arrived.

Good service that!

On, and Kmise 'pays up' (i.e., reimburses) for the review item's cost plus PayPal charges in some cases just in hours via PayPal.

International commerce today is amazing.

-don

14. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

No kidding! I wouldn't have much of a business if it were still like back in the '80s. Not enough to live on, that's for sure.

mb doug, dbrian66 and duceditor like this.
  15. backporchmusic

Sep 6, 2014
    Va
    Any news?

Mine is in US at 'secondary processing center.'

mb doug, dbrian66 and drewcp like this.
  16. jtees4

jtees4 Squier-Meister

Jun 7, 2012
    NYish
    I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade (do people still say that?)....my lawyer buddy who does patent work for guitar/amp companies just came back from NAMM, and he said most of those usually result in a picture of the pedal being shipped to you. I HOPE YOU GET YOUR PEDAL, not trying to jinx you at all (do people still say that?). Truly wishing you good luck!

mb doug, dbrian66 and drewcp like this.
  17. 808guitar

808guitar Squier Talker

Apr 23, 2018
    Hawaii
    Here's my completely unfounded theory.

It is a total scam. I was unsure of what the scam actually was but I'm always curious about these things and figured with Paypal I know I'll get my money back.

Here's what I think the scam is. First they buy up some random nonsense domain names, install free shopping cart software on them (this is very easy to do) and load up the catalog with random items. Then they buy some facebook ads for a couple items that they've priced very low and can target effectively.

Once they get money from people they ship "something" every day that they got orders, and send the same tracking number to all the people who ordered that day. The trick is that the delivery address (which never shows in tracking) is not valid, so once it gets to the US it gets stuck at this "secondary processing center" which is probably like the dead letter office.

If you google "secondary processing center" you'll see a ton of people who ordered something from China and never, ever got it, and no one who had a package actually arrive.

The buyer waits patiently for the item to leave the "processing center" and the seller says "we're sorry, please wait, sometimes items get stuck in customs".

If they sell 500 of these, they hope that at least 100 of the people don't bother to dispute the claim with Paypal and they only have to refund 400 of the people, and they make out with, in this case, $7900. Or, they empty their bank account so Paypal can't collect refunds and Paypal has to refund everyone, and the scammers walks away with $39500 while Paypal tries to figure out how to collect in China.

Paypal bans them and they open a new account with a new name and begin again.

I might be wrong but I doubt it. I'd encourage all of you who did order to start a Paypal dispute (first thing to do is email the seller, you'll get a bounce back as undeliverable). The seller then has 10 days to respond and then Paypal will step in.

The seller will either not respond at all or respond on the very last day and say "item is still in transit, please wait for 2 more weeks dear friend." Either way don't give up on your Paypal claim.

dbrian66, mb doug, jtees4 and 2 others like this.
  18. duceditor

duceditor Squier-Axpert

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    I expect it is something like you describe.

Paypal purchasers get the address from PayPal so the "sorry, you provided the wrong address" scam won't work here. The photo one is interesting. Scammers always have their tricks!

-don

dbrian66 and mb doug like this.
  19. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Squier-holic

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    Probably 10kg of illicit fentanyl.

Luvs2yoko and mb doug like this.
  20. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    I have a solder station with the same destination. Bummer :mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice