Another Cool Experience with Donner :)

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by duceditor, Mar 15, 2019.

1. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    So this morning I finished setting up my music room to be almost completely wireless -- and operated in groups by remote on and off.

To make it absolutely finished, though, I needed one more wireless receiver and I went to Donner Deal to see what that would cost me. Turns out they are having a special sale and an entire send receive system was only $65. Sold!

But then it got yet cooler, for, as usual on their site they have a "spin the wheel" gimmick where you can get a discount or even a freebie if you are "lucky." I do this every time I go there with no expectation of winning. (and I never did... until today) So I 'spin the wheel' and watch it go round until it slowly stops and... PING! I won this for absolutely free:

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 9.42.07 AM.png

A wireless microphone system!

How cool is that?

:)

don

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  2. Big tuna

Big tuna Squier-holic

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    That's pretty cool you are more on top of the tech part than i am. Wireless who would think back in the day.

duceditor likes this.
  3. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    So... one more way you are a lucky SOB :) nice.

duceditor likes this.
  4. RetiredNSquired

RetiredNSquired Squier-Nut

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    Congrats! I NEVER win anything. Glad you did!

duceditor and DJGranite like this.
  5. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    That came yesterday. It is beautiful!

I gave it to Jan, so that she, too, can go wireless. Then a funny thing happened...

I decided to again take advantage of their special sale and order another pedal -- a Wave analog delay -- got the offer to again 'spin the wheel', and I won another one!

Yeah, really! How cool is that?

:)

-don

MrYeats likes this.
  6. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-Nut

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas Coast
    ever think it is time to get that Lotto Ticket? The planets seem to be aligned for you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice