And now there's a RED Supro on sale with case for under $255?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Ralph124C41, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    No, My Black Holiday has the logo but I had remembered that someone here got a case sans logo. That must have been you.

2. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    My case is blue with white trim, and a white Supro logo.

Pat V. and duceditor like this.
  3. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-Nut

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    Yes, I got the oddball "no logo case".

Pat V. likes this.
  4. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    The cases look great either way. One could probably even do a better job on the stencil than than the stock one.

5. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Finally got around to setting up the Supro_Original strings were crusty, put on a set of super slinky 9's.Cleaned the fretboard and oiled it and the bridge.I like my action low and buzz free.Was able to accomplish this with a small tweak of the truss rod.Neck is straight and frets are perfect.Had some problem with tuning stability, till I checked the neck bolts.Way loose, tightened them with the hex wrench. After that everything settled in nicely.Unfortunately I only had 5 min. To try her out. Gonna try to put in some play time this weekend. She is definently a keeper.Might be one of the best looking guitars I have ever seen.Sorry for the crappy pics, my camera is still MIA.

radiotech, Pat V. and duceditor like this.
  6. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    That is truly beautiful @Luvs2yoko ! The more you play her the more you are gonna fall in love.

Its odd that some of these were shipped with inadequately tightened neck bolts. But once that has been corrected the tuning stability is nothing short of superb.

The other day,I picked up the Black Holiday. It had been set aside for a couple of days as I focused on her white sister. She was by the meter in perfect tune for 5 of the the 6 strings. (The B was somewhat flat.)

As someone else who loved things black once said: "Most impressive!"

:)

-don

Pat V. likes this.
  7. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-Nut

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    Very nice!

After my Silvertone debacle,
    the Belmont is back on the list of possibilities.
    Look forward to hearing more about this one as you get to play it some more.

Pat V. likes this.
  8. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America

Excellent news!! Congrats. Mine should be here today some time. The anticipation is building. :)

duceditor likes this.