And now there's a RED Supro on sale with case for under $255?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Ralph124C41, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    Thanks for that info, Pat V. So that's what I thought: the discounts just got "swapped" from immediate to next order.

I wonder what the percentage is for people who make one order at a company like Alto and then never make another order. I would think it would reallllly fuel our GAS. "But honey I got another 15 percent off coming if I buy guitar No. 2 ( or 22 or 122) .... so it just makes sense not to use it."

Of the three Supro deals we have talked about, I personally think I would like the Black for its versatility, the White for its uniqueness and breathtaking beauty and the Poppy Red .... no, I've never been a fan of red guitars and as I said never been a fan of single-pickup guitars or at least those with the pickup in the bridge position ... so that one I'd certainly pass at.

Pat V. likes this.
  2. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    Thanks again to you Ralph for starting this thread. Without it I would not be the proud owner of a Black Holiday.
    Cheers!

squierbilly likes this.
  3. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    You're welcome.

Strange, nobody has bought one of those "Blemont" guitars listed in the original Alto ad.

Maybe it's a new series with one pcik up.

so1om and Pat V. like this.
  4. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    I think this is the red Belmont that Alto Music originally discounted.

ADAEFABB-82B0-4B49-B5BB-EB3CE0CC2AD8.jpeg

5. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    Still available, and eligible for the ALTOBUCKS promo. 15% back in an alto gift card.

6. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    Checked this morning and the red Belmont is 349.00 with no discount. Called Alto and they said they would let me have it for 299.00 and give me 45.00 in Alto Bucks.Figured I better stop ***** footing around and pull the trigger.

radiotech, Pat V. and duceditor like this.
  7. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
  8. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    I figured I have plenty of traditional sounding guitars.Something different should be cool. If I didn't have so much happening this weekend I would have taken the trip up there. The same guy that took my order is shipping the guitar. He said it should be here Tuesday.

Pat V. and duceditor like this.
  9. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    Here's a pretty good demo of the Americana series. This guy makes everything sound great.

Pat V. likes this.
  10. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    As others have said the Belmont is very similar to the White Holiday.

It lacks the piezo PUP, but has an advantage that has not, I think, yet been mentioned: A tone control which will allow an enormous range of sound from its single PUP.

The White Holiday lacks that. Its only "tone" control effects soley the piezo.

Having played both the White and the Black I think the tone control on the bridge PUP is actually a better option.

Between the fifties wired (so no treble bleed when the volume is lowered) volume control and the tone control that one PUP will get almost any sound.

Volume up there will be that startlingly wonderful natural overdrive. Lower the volume a bit and the signal will be just as bright, but clean (yet full). Lower the tone control and you'll get either creamy distortion (volume up) or jazzy mellow. And of course anything in-between.

The Belmont has that same great trem unit.

It is brightly colored, but less in-your-face upscale due to its having an unbound neck.

I bet it will be a total winner. And that it'll get played A LOT. :)

-don

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    Pat V. likes this.
  11. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    I snagged a red Belmont too. Looks like December will be Poppy Season here on Squier Talk.

duceditor and Luvs2yoko like this.
  12. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    Here's the Sweetwater demo of the Red Belmont Vibrato.

duceditor likes this.
  13. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-Nut

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    Still $299.99 on Reverb,
    back to $349.99 on eBay and Alto?
    More than 10 available.

Pat V. likes this.
  14. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    Some eye-candy for those patiently waiting.

1572trem.jpg
    guitarra-electrica-supro-belmont-vibrato-res-o-glass-D_NQ_NP_712523-MLA28359693038_102018-F.jpg
    guitarra-electrica-supro-belmont-vibrato-res-o-glass-D_NQ_NP_949479-MLA28359693039_102018-F.jpg
    guitarra-electrica-supro-belmont-vibrato-res-o-glass-D_NQ_NP_843294-MLA28359693042_102018-F.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    jjudas, duceditor and radiotech like this.
  15. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
  16. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    Did you get yours yet? Mine should be here Friday.

17. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    My buddy in the band Otis plays a Belmont. Primarily slide. I haven’t found a video of them where he plays the Belmont

18. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    Yes I did. So far I am very pleased. Gonna set it up and re string it in the morning. Will try to get some pics up tomorrow.

Pat V. likes this.
  19. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    Cool. Great to hear. Does your case have the Supro silk screen on it?

20. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-Nut

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    Was yours missing it? My black Holiday case had no Supro name.