Always look for the ground strip...

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Roccobagadonuts, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Roccobagadonuts

Roccobagadonuts Dr. Squier

Sep 8, 2010
    Remulak
    Im bored at the moment and was just talkin bout fleecing GC and obtaining higher end instruments for free. So figure why not pass on some knowledge that might get 1 of u guys a nice little bargain if your lucky enough to come across the situation at some point... Ive mentioned this before on this site but it was years ago so im guessing maybe not even 1 person even remembers it... So here ya go... A refresher course...

Ya see the Squiers poppin up for sale constantly as your the type of person who looks to obtain Squiers and hopefully at rock bottom dollar... So you keep lookin... So heres something to keep in mind. Always look at the jazz bass. You don't play bass? Who cares... And now here is the moral of the story...

Always look for the ground strip... They only made 2 Squier Jazz Bass models where there is a ground strip running out from under the bridge to the bridge pickup... The MIJ E Series Jazz Bass... Or the 1987 MIK E10 Jazz Bass built by Young Chang... So ya don't have to see the headstock... Ya don't have to ask them questions... All ya have to ask when ya see it happen. Is when can I come pick it up...

But ya don't play bass... Ya play guitar... Who cares? Ya just turned your hundred dollars into an MIJ E6 Jazz Bass or MIK E10 Jazz Bass... Now sell it... And go buy yourself a 1986 MIJ Blonde E6 Tele... Maybe that will be more your style? And for say 100 bucks or something end game? A bargain... Even if ya don't play bass...

Now of course ya don't have to look at every Jazz Bass... They only made the MIJ E series and MIK E10 Jazz Bass models in 3 colors... So ya remember what those colors are... And when ya see 1 of the 3. Ya take a closer look at that Jazz Bass the guy is selling. Even if ya don't play bass... Arctic white, Torino Red and Black...

Zzzzzzzzz… 1986 MIJ E6 Jazz Bass... GC thought 99.99 was a good price. I did too... Note the ground strip...

JBass5.JPG

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  2. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    AF6CB620-78EA-43D0-A6DC-0C12EB6A7662.jpeg 5AB3FF8D-7613-471B-BB23-ADAC66CC60C1.jpeg 6098584E-26FD-4CF4-9D32-818FA275EC63.jpeg I have the same 89 MIJ Jazz Bass that my wife bought for me in 1989....

squierbilly and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  3. Roccobagadonuts

Sep 8, 2010
    Remulak
    Sweet... Does it actually have an E9 serial #? Ive only seen 1 MIJ Squier with an E9 serial # and it was a Tele... Usually their E5, E6 and E7. But they spit out quite the few E8 strats. But ya pretty much never see an MIJ E9... Altho ive seen 1...

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  4. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    4E698CE5-D725-43F0-B09C-5AF581D42FE7.jpeg 70AC219C-DC04-4FC8-92E6-4D6B61D3283F.jpeg C17931CF-BEBD-4B5E-92E4-33BB5635C040.jpeg

That’s an E8! You know I hate taking pictures but for you...

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  5. Roccobagadonuts

Sep 8, 2010
    Remulak
    Looks like the ground strip has come down with a drinking problem. U been playing that as ur main bass for years now?

so1om likes this.
  6. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    That was my main bass from 1989 until about 2005/6 I switched to an Epiphone Thunderbird. Then about 2012, back to the Jazz Bass.

Then my wife got me a VM Jaguar Bass Special in 2014. Then 2017? A Dimension.

All have Roto Swing 66. I put them on and leave them on.... forever.

The Jazz has the best neck ever. It’s slimmer and faster than any other bass I’ve played. Even better than my brother’s Fender 62 Reissue MIJ of the same year.

I did get a MIJ Fender Bass VI IN 93 but that’s a specialty item.

7. Roccobagadonuts

Sep 8, 2010
    Remulak
    I actually got a new bass today finally... Altho im out of money now and my shopping has come to an end one of the last things I got was a Yamaha Reface YC... But the only way I could get my hands on one was to buy new and to then wait for like 2 weeks till they actually got some more in so they could then ship it out... So it finally got in today...

Luckily my new bass is also an organ tho… And will just do bass duty every so often... Down to the last items now comin in. Altho im still waiting for Behringer to ship the Wasp units... Till then I have a set up with a 3 tier stand with a Model D Moog clone and a Keystep and etc but no Wasp on top yet... Its lonely up there at the moment... But the wall of doom is coming along nicely at least... 3 or 4 more major pieces still to arrive but most of it is now here. Then when the 12 Chinese Mini Pedals come in the Hammer shall be ready to swing...

Theres actually another rack of Volca units that will be sitting next to the 6 white Volca Sample units. But the guy screwed up the shipping on the 3rd wood rack... So at the moment im only up with 2 racks and 6 Volca Sample units showing so far... There will be a 3rd rack tho in there next to the 6 white units heh... Its gonna be so absurd...

Zzzzzz… Yamaha Reface YC on top for Organ... Reface CP on bottom for Rhodes, Wurlitzer and Clav… Moog setup in background with yet to be shipped Wasp missing in action at the moment...

PICT0009.JPG

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    so1om likes this.
  8. Roccobagadonuts

Sep 8, 2010
    Remulak
    Here's a guy playing the Reface YC and CP units... Displaying the Organ, Rhodes, Wurlitzer and Clav sounds...

so1om likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice