Advice on Peavey Amp Offer?

Discussion in 'Amp-a-ridifiers' started by Mister Noonan, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2018
    North Central NC
    It sounds like it's all tube, or possibly all tube with some SS effects. I'd need to see a schematic, but I'd say you got an excellent deal. I'd have to read up on the later Peavey amps, but yours looks like like its from a newer generation than what I was talking about. I bet it'll fill up a stage with sound pretty well.

2. squierTony

squierTony Squier-holic

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    They're all tube and all awesome

3. Timmyv

Timmyv Squier Talker

Jun 19, 2018
    Ohio
    300 for a classic 30 that’s been recapped and retubed properly is a good deal.

4. RetiredNSquired

RetiredNSquired Squier-Meister

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    All that series of Peavey's are excellent. You're gonna enjoy that baby! I'd be all over YT looking for reviews and demos, see what she'll do! HNAD

5. The Classic 50 410 is a great all tube amp and $360 is a good deal. Congrats, you made the right choice.

6. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    You got the best amp in the bunch ! Congrats !

Mister Noonan likes this.
  7. sconniesquier

sconniesquier Squier-Meister

Aug 16, 2017
    Wisconsin
  8. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    Congratulation, on an exceptional deal. In my market Classic 30 start around $450 and a 50 in any configuration you won't see under $500. Those are great sounding amps. You did excellent.

9. Mister Noonan

Mister Noonan Squier-Meister

Jun 28, 2018
    present
    Thanks dudes. Strange comment regarding this amp: but I am reminded of the first time I brought a HDTV home. Loving life.

RetiredNSquired and Triple Jim like this.
  10. That entire Peavey series is a bargain. They are used by a ton of gigging musicians because they sound great and are tough as nails. I have the Delta Blues which is the same amp as the Classic 30 only with tremolo, a 15" speaker and a slightly bigger cab.

For home use I like to run it on the edge of breakup in the dirty channel with an OD out front pushing it over the top. I use a 25k EB Jr in the EFX loop for volume control. It gives me nice smooth control from TV volume level on up to house shaking.

squierbilly and RetiredNSquired like this.
  11. RetiredNSquired

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    It probably weighs as much as one of the old projector type TV's, with 4 10's in it!

12. RetiredNSquired

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    Always had a soft spot for their Delta Blues amp. Overlooked by many, but a great box!

13. RetiredNSquired

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    I believe the 410 was Peavey's shot at a '59 Tweed Bassman, an iconic amp. Similar power, all tube,410 speaker setup, and nice and tweedy! Definitely a good amp!

14. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2018
    North Central NC
    That makes sense. I was confused early in the thread because of the 212 classic and a 410 classic back in the early '70s. I have a 50w 212 classic, and unfortunately that name is easily confused with "classic 50 212". :)