Picked up this Fender Acoustic today with the bridge starting to separate. Otherwise nice shape. Decided to buy as project. I used a heated scraper to pull the bridge the rest of the way up and scored the edges to avoid pulling up the finish but evidently not enough and I was not patient enough either. When the bridge popped off, an inch of finish on top came off with it. Evidently Fender glued the bridge over the finish. I guess that’s why it was starting to separate. In any event, I learned an important lesson for next time to really score the edges and take a lot of time to very slowly work the scraper under the bridge. The good news is that the guitar will still be a player when done, just might show an inch of finish cracked where I’ll glue it back. I decided to add reinforcement under the bridge before I replace the bridge. I took a wooden paint stirring stick, cut it to size, glued it under the top at the bridge location, and clamped it. Tomorrow I’ll drill the holes through, sand the bottom of the bridge and guitar top where it attaches, and glue down the bridge. Fun project. Will probably use it as a drop down tuned guitar with 11-52 bronze strings.