Wanted A Strange Request

Discussion in 'Misc. For Sale, Trade or Wanted' started by RetiredNSquired, Sep 9, 2019.

1. RetiredNSquired

RetiredNSquired Squier-holic

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    I'm into this new Tele partscaster build. I have most of what I need already. Just got notification today my bridge pickup, a Planet Tone Original 1951, should be here Thursday. Super quick turn around on a hand-wound pickup! My neck is going to be one of Rose's Freedom T90s. Should be a great match! However could be some serious wait time to get it here. I'm fine with that.
    Here's my quandary. I'd really like to get everything setup and playable while I wait, but really need something in the neck slot to make sure everything's lined up right. Does anybody maybe have a dead Tele neck pickup in their junk box that they haven't thrown out?Doesn't need leads on it or make sound, I just want a dummy pup to help me get it right. I can play it as an Esquire til my T90 comes in. I'd Paypal any shipping costs if somebody has what I need. Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    strat_strummer and dbrian66 like this.
  2. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    I just gave away a set of cheap Tele pickups! None left. :( Wish I could help. I’m sure someone here has something you can use.

RetiredNSquired likes this.
  3. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    I dont know why you have to have a dummy pickup in it play it as a esquire.. heck you dont even need a pickgaurd..
    Or am i being the dummy?..

RetiredNSquired and dbrian66 like this.
  4. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    I think he needs it to build the guitar and line everything up - might have to drill PG screw holes etc and line the pickup up so the strings are centered over the pickup.....

5. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    I have a few working Tele neck pickups. PM me your address and I’ll send one out this week.

6. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    I was just thinking he could add to it as the parts came in..
    But i can see there might be an issue with pickgaurd placement,, but then i would think centered on the neck and bridge would be the most important.. the neck pickup route can be dremel or sanded for clearance..

RetiredNSquired and dbrian66 like this.
  7. RetiredNSquired

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    Thank You, Sir! I'll be more than happy to return it when mine comes in. PM sent.

dbrian66 likes this.
  8. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    No need to send it back. I have a bunch I won’t be using.

dbrian66 and RetiredNSquired like this.
  9. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    There it is! I knew somebody would step up!

RetiredNSquired likes this.
  10. RetiredNSquired

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    Guitarmageddon nailed it. With a scratch build partscaster, just gotta make sure my neck lines up right with my bridge, lines up with my pickups. Don't want to attach the PG, then have to go back and fill holes to realign. Just want to have everything done right, so the final pickup is just a drop-in.

dbrian66 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice