a first for me, A00 strat

Discussion in 'Japanese Vintage Squiers' started by jskeen, May 18, 2017.

1. jskeen

jskeen Squier-holic

Feb 9, 2016
    Texas
    20170518_165511.jpg 20170518_165547.jpg 20170518_165612.jpg 20170518_165651.jpg Buddy brought this sweetie over for a little tune up (and to brag a little). Hadn't actually played around with one before, and thought I'd post a couple pics.

She's had a pretty tough life, obviously, but still sounds great and feels solid and tight. Frets were taller than other early MIJ strats I've worked on. showing some wear but definitely fixable with a little .CA and some work, not due for a full refret anytime soon. He disassembled it and cleaned it very well, but left the setup for me. I suspect that the FB edges were rolled after a few drinks at some point, and that's responsible for the loose frets that will need gluing. I'm not sure if the neck was missalligned all along, or if it took a knock or some unskilled adjustment at some point. It's tight in the pocket and I'm not sure if it will move even after drilling the threads out of the body holes, may need a side shim. Anyway, an interesting and unusual example.

Hotrodleroy, ManKonis, so1om and 10 others like this.
  2. jskeen

jskeen Squier-holic

Feb 9, 2016
    Texas
    only real problem was the nut. gonna have to replace that. Action still feels nice on the low e though

worked on this pedal for another friend, the 3 were a fun combo to mess around with. 20170512_152043.jpg imagejpeg_1.jpg imagejpeg_2.jpg 20170518_165831.jpg 20170518_170440.jpg

3. Paully

Paully Squier-holic

May 29, 2014
    Maine USA
    I really like the color combo.

4. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-holic

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Great Post - thanks for sharing ! I also love the natural aging !

Robb and Pat V. like this.
  5. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    That's a real beauty!!!

Robb and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  6. squierTony

squierTony Squier-holic

Jul 4, 2012
    seminole Oklahoma
    Man I've always wanted a strat with that color combo.

Robb and Pat V. like this.
  7. Hard Road

Hard Road Squier-Meister

Apr 18, 2017
    Orange County
    Man.... thats pretty

Robb likes this.
  8. I'm doing my SE in a very similar color, heirloom white. It will however have a black 3 ply pick guard, aged cream N3 pickups and knobs with the dark rosewood fretboard. Can hardly wait to see the final outcome.

Nice Sqiuer Strat ... is that a chipped neck nut ? (low E side)

Robb likes this.
  9. willhowl

willhowl Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2011
    Houston Texas
    Great stuff, jskeen.......I like the guitar, very nice....Wanna hear more about the pedal......A Korg AX1000G.....What did you do to it?.........

I have a little brother, an AX100G......similar guts, less options.....Cool Multi- Pedal........Korg owns Vox amps now, last I heard, so the architecture is similar...

And the effects are pretty spectacular......Korg did lotsa Synthesizers, and some GOOD ones, too......They know what they are doing.......Thanks for sharing, .....

Always good to hear from you.............willhowl;):D

Robb likes this.
  10. Robb

Robb Squier-holic

Jan 13, 2011
    Chertsey Canada.
    Fine lookin' mama