A cheapo for Eddie!!

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by techowiz, Mar 12, 2019.

1. techowiz

techowiz Squier-Nut

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Just put more than $50 of gas in my car! :D

Eddie likes this.
  2. SoleilSF

SoleilSF Squier Talker

Mar 1, 2019
    San Francisco
    Deleted message... Still trying to get the how to use this site

Eddie likes this.
  3. SoleilSF

SoleilSF Squier Talker

Mar 1, 2019
    San Francisco
    Oh, and in addition the Squier SE pick up next week, I'm getting a Squier Strat Bullet... Used for $50

BlueSquirrel and Eddie like this.
  4. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Yes, and no. These inexpensive pickguards use really cheap electronics. That's why they didn't show a picture of the underside. Soldering is Asian sweat-shop and the electronics are cheap.

For a little more, look at the undersides of one these:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/whiskyjim/m.html?ssPageName=STRK:MEFSXS:MESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654

The craftsmanship is the highest quality, and the components are top notched. These are actually hand-done by a ST member @rocknrguitars . If you don't like any of these, you can always hit him up on PM and let him know what you're looking to do.

Honestly, pay the extra $35 and go with the RRG. You'll be blown away. I have 13 Squiers ... all with RRG's on them.

Look at this beautiful work:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    AllThumbs76 likes this.
  5. SoleilSF

SoleilSF Squier Talker

Mar 1, 2019
    San Francisco

Absolutely... Will check members'craft work

6. SoleilSF

SoleilSF Squier Talker

Mar 1, 2019
    San Francisco

Underside is on another color . Pictures

Attached Files:

Eddie likes this.
  7. SoleilSF

SoleilSF Squier Talker

Mar 1, 2019
    San Francisco

Underside is on another color . Pictures

8. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Not to sink anybody's boat, but I DID have a bad expierence with those Amazon IVY guitars... They're called Inyen Vina, or something similar, Vietnamese guitar company... I got one of the Ibanez RG copies and it was pretty bad... Cost $150, and so far, that's been my only Amazon return... I got the Bullet Mustang the next day...
    Sharp frets, really microphonic pups, and cheap plastic metal "looking" knobs stuck on at a wonky angle that didn't work...
    But I have like, literally the worst "guitar luck" on this planet... Lol... So...

Eddie likes this.
  9. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Buyer beware of these. The electronics are cheap, the soldering is 3rd world, and it looks like they used the cheap unshielded wiring that sells for pennies per roll.

I always recommend the RRG. For a little more, you get A LOT more. Treble bleed, 7 way switch, and some of the best craftsmanship this side of heaven. There's no comparison. If you ever sell the guitar, just remove the RRG and put it on another guitar.

SoleilSF likes this.
  10. techowiz

techowiz Squier-Nut

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Eddie- we bought at the right time! Guitar is now $113 on Amazon....

Eddie likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice