$600+ at SGW!? Does anyone know what this is?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by drewcp, Jun 26, 2019.

1. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
  2. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    Kind of cool but I wouldn't pay more than $50 for it. But it very well may be something special and worth the $.

3. Bassman96

Bassman96 Squier-holic

Nov 13, 2010
    Oak Harbor, WA
    I don't know what it is but it is literally coming apart at the seems and the neck is pulling off the body. Pretty cool to see the likely original strap with it though.

4. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Padre Island
    looks like a Harmony or a Kay.

5. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Crappie fishing.
    I got a sneaky suspicion that wont sell. I agree its about 550.00 to much.

JurnyWannaBe, dbrian66 and drewcp like this.
  6. Michael7

Michael7 Squier-holic

It has been bid up to that price by several bidders, but there is probably no consequence if the high bidder doesn't pay for it.

If that happened, I wonder if they offer it to the next lower bidder and keep trying until somebody sends in the payment.

dbrian66, drewcp and squierbilly like this.
  7. daan

daan Squier-holic

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities
    I think some bidders thought it was a silvertone 1446 (“Chris Isaac” model) AA7136DA-1F75-405B-A62B-645BD93FFA56.jpeg Which are actually nice jazz box guitars and have Gibson mini humbuckers as stock pickups. (The rings go for truly stupid amounts on the bay :0)

dbrian66 and drewcp like this.
  8. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Padre Island
    wow...seven hundred bucks?

9. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    Like MrYates I see it as having the look of a Harmony or Kay, but in truth it could have been any of the no-name brands sold by small mom and pop shops back when "real" guitars actually sold for their then mind blowing "list" prices.

My circle back then generally found a way to buy those pricy geets (It was one guitar per person back then) but we'd see these in those shops. Not "terrible" but less than good. A far, far cry from the quality we see in even the least expensive guitars today.

Apart from the romance of having (and maybe even using) an old an unfamiliar model I cannot see the attraction of an instrument like this. In comparison to a gguitar at even half the price new today this would, in my experience, be total stinker even if it didn't have issues.

-don

drewcp and MrYeats like this.
  10. daan

daan Squier-holic

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities

It’s a “GSO”, Guitar Shaped Object!
    If it doesn’t need a neck reset, If the electronics aren’t completely kaput, If it’s not cracked in several places, and If the bridge isn’t totally chewed up, it could be a novelty for a song or 2. At worst it’s an overpriced wall hanger. I’ve played a guitar with pups like those, they aren’t real high output and don’t sound all that good. I was way into hollow bodies like these, and it seemed 99% of them were trashed when I found them, with rare exceptions. And those ones were just “meh” players at best...
    But it sure looks cool from here...

duceditor and drewcp like this.
  11. oneLOCOman

oneLOCOman Squier-Nut

Oct 2, 2018
    Missouri
    Someone got mad and bid it up. Every time I bid there, I bid and it immediately says I was out bid. Someone was probable bidding got mad and said I will show them.

daan and drewcp like this.
  12. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    Perhaps the $600+ bidders plan to part it out for some of that stupid bay $? If pup rings are valuable then folks may pay premium $ for tuners, knobs, pups, etc.

drewcp and daan like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice